Hasegawa Spitfire Vb

Thanks Hakan, Phil and Matt. I appreciate the encouragement guys :o

Let me know what you think of the weathering please.

I would n't know a Spitfire if it ran over my toes so I'm kinda winging this using other builds as a guide.

tn_Weathering014.jpg

tn_Weathering012.jpg

I've alot to learn about weathering so rather than over-doing things initially I applied a certain amount and took a step back to see how it looks.

tn_Weathering020.jpg

I've sprayed a light sandy overspray toward the rear of the fuselage but it's subtle (too subtle?)

Here are a couple of closer shots. I'd be interested to hear your opinions. :D

tn_Weathering017.jpg

tn_Weathering016.jpg

tn_Weathering022.jpg

Cheers,

;)

Looks good Geedub! The golden rule with weathering I reckon is that if you're unsure, go easy! You can always get away with too subtle, but you can rarely get away with too much.

Kev

Geedub,

Think its spot on. As Kev says sometimes less is more.

Looking great!

Phil :speak_cool:

......... The golden rule with weathering I reckon is that if you're unsure, go easy! You can always get away with too subtle, but you can rarely get away with too much.

Kev

Ah,....sage words indeed Kev, thanks.

Hakan, Brian, Matt, Phil and blackbetty many thanks for your opinions. I appreciate your input and I will heed your advice. I'll leave the weathering as is and call it done. I'm pretty happy with how she looks now.

Last night I managed to add the wingtip lights, gun port covers and get her up on her undercarriage. :blush:

tn_Onhergear003.jpg

Here's a closer look.

tn_Onhergear013.jpg

The kit wheels look pretty chunky to me but what can you do?

The pic above also shows off the dusting I gave to the rear under fuselage a bit better too.

I've just realised that I only have the door and rear view mirror to do and I can call her done...... :o

Oh my, there's alot to be said for this OOTB stuff. :D

Hopefully I'll finish her off this weekend and post more pics then. Is there a seperate thread for finished entrants?

Cheers,

:piliot:

Is there a seperate thread for finished entrants?

Cheers,

I think you'll have to post it onto "ready for inspection" with much gusto and fanfare!!!!

So its back to the AMS and the Tommy Cat build eh?? :speak_cool:

Oh sorry, nearly forgot, I thinks she's the dogs nuts!

Great build mate!

Phil :lol:

Hi guys,

Many many thanks for the kind comments, I'm thrilled that you like my first Spittie.

I appreciate all of the encouragement and support which has carried this build along, I could n't have done it without your help and advice. :hmmm:

Well, she's done!

Here's a parting shot.......

tn_Finishedphotos011.jpg

I'll post more in the "Ready for Inspection" forum.

Phil, good question. I'll probably pick the 'Cat back up for now but...........I've had such a blast building and painting this that I don't think it'll be too long before I try another OOTB build :innocent:

Thanks for allowing me to participate in what was my first group build on any forum, it's been a joy.

I'll continue to keep tabs on how everyone elses builds progress but you guys better pull your socks up......what's keeping you slowcoaches! :P

Cheers for now.

:coolio:

Edit*....I've just noticed that I have n't painted the rear light...I'll get that done right away. :lol: