1/32 Wiring

I am looking to wire my first engine (actually I have a P-47D, FW190A-8, Ki:44) ready to go. I was wondering if there was on line build article anyone knows about that I can refer to on how to do this correctly.

Also, what type/guage/size of wire do I require to purchase for the engine, brake lines on the landing gear, etc.

I would really appreciate all assitance and tips regarding this subject.

As mentioned, check out the builds here and at other sites. Many will have in-progress shots showing how they wired stuff. It is not hard, just takes patience. As for wire types and sizes; whatever it takes to get the look you are after! Typically you want soft wire though as it is easy to bend and work with. Sizes are based on pics and simply what looks right. Walkaround pics can be found online and in several books. It may look daunting at first but if you focus on one wire at a time and just keep adding you will quickly see results. You don't need to add every wire either, just until it looks busy enough for you. You will quickly get the idea. Soon you will be showing us how it is done!

Another good source of scratch building parts is an old radio. Very small guage wire can be taken of the small transformers, resisters make good O2 tanks and hydraulic accumulators and such. Radio shack has a selection of enamelled bell wire in 3 different sizes that works well. As mentioned, solder in various gauges. Old phone extensions have good wire. Electronic hardware has lots of stranded wire in very small sizes. Strip it and wrap with thin strips of tape to make the insulated brackets it hangs in.

As for sizing the wires, I find it best to check my photos and then just use the Mk 1 Mod A eyeball to guesstimate the appropriate sizes. One thing, electrical wires usually are ok going from point to point in loops. Solid hydraulic lines for the most part are straight with radiused turns. Exception to that is hoses, and braided hose. (I suppose I should qualify that. Its been my experience that the above applies. Do whatever your refs show.)

Sabre

Ditto to all the above plus a small word of caution. Remember that while there is a wierd satisfaction in Modelling for God, that alot of the work in wiring up an engine barely visible at the end of the day.

For example, a reference photo of a jug engine can look like this...

post-697-1263766685.jpg