Swordfish

LSP_Ron

That's an awesome Swordfish Ron! I was watching Sink the Bismark! last night, and got a chuckle out of the movies attempts to depict the Swordfish attacks. I thought of your build while watching it, so it's good to see it come to fruition so nicely.

Kev

wow, thanks for all the kind comments all

Some more progress. Spent about two hours on it last night, even though it looked fairly complete in the last update there was still a lot to do. I have the tail all rigged up now and the gun mounted. I am pretty much done with the weathering. All that is left now is torpedo rack and this is done. I am not mounting the torpedo just the rack, I doubt the flew very often with Torpedo's mounted back in 1938.

thanks for looking

I see from this shot it already needs a dusting!

P1090005.jpg

P1090006.jpg

P1090007.jpg

P1090008.jpg

P1090009.jpg

Gorgeous Ron. I got one of these before Christmas but havent started yet. You've giving me some inspiration. I think I'll look for those decals as they look pretty striking. Nice work area also.

James

Thanks all :speak_cool: Maybe tonight I'll finish this one up.

James, I got the decals from Xtradecal bought through Squadron along with a set of Cdn Spit decals for my non-existant Tamiya Spit. It was the only pre-war set I could find and does two different aircraft one from the HMS Ark Royal and one from the HMS Eagle (the one I did). The decals reacted really well with Microsol and Microset, good stuff.

Cheers

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice! :evil_laugh:

Must get around to ordering that decal sheet...

My grandfather flew them pre-war - apparently got into hot water for flying down Cheddar Gorge at low level - would love to track down the specific aircraft.

Iain