Tamiya F-14A Tomcat, VF-211, No update, just responding to q's

geedubelyer

• 2 years later...

Hi Jim, thanks for the kind words and the gentle nudge on this one.

Sadly, unless thinking about getting back to it constitutes progress, there have been no further developments. :(

She sits in the cabinet mocking me as I walk past. There are finished sub assemblies dotted all over my hobby room just begging to be assembled but as you can see, it is quite an involved build and I kinda lost my impetus.

I'm stalled on the air intake by-pass area and have n't managed to decide how to build them.

However, after I've finished the Spit I may just re-visit this big Turkey and see if I can't make a little more head way. I'll be sure to keep you posted with how that works out. I've done too much to not complete the build at some point. ;)

Cool weathering

here comes the stupid question... how did you make the pastel stick ? you say you applied with a brush and move around with a Q-Tip but is it dry pastel or did you put a adeshive of some sort?

Hi Neo, thanks and many apologies for not responding to your question. I simply did n't see it all of those months ago. My bad! -_-

If you are still interested, the pastel powder is dry and usually applied to a matt or semi-matt surface. That gives the medium a key to maintain some hold. As long as the model is n't handled too much the pastel stays in place. If handling is needed, a clear coat will seal the pastel dust in plave but it can change the look too so take care and practice with it first if it's an important piece.

HTH

Cheers.

No worries about tardiness my friend. I totally get why this project might hit the back burner. I just KNOW you will get this project back into the game, sooner or maybe later. When a model becomes work, it's no fun at all and this kit can be very challenging to make it look correct, especially with your high standards of modelling excellence. To tell you the truth, I have 2 of these kits in the stash and I might never touch either of them.

Model on Guy, even if it's another subject!

Chuck

Thank you for the continuing support my friends it is very much appreciated and buoys up the enthusiasm enormously.

I will try not to let you down. Like many, my modelling time during the summer months is at a premium so even work on my current build is occuring at a glacial pace. However, when I can, I'll get back to this big Turkey and see if we can't batter her into submission.

Thanks again.