Tamiya Spit mk IX 1/32 scale

ironman1945

It looks to be a wonderful tribute to Tamiya's toolmakers and researchers , and I've just been told my contract won't be renewed, so I'm job hunting , great timing !!! :P

Personal considerations aside , its looks like it'll be a superb model, well upto the standards of the Zero!

I hope the parts breakdown allows for the future release of a Mk VIII, the finest Merlin-powered Spitfire...

Id say by looking at the pictures that a Mk VIII is a given. Heck out of the box the kit is 90% on it's way to being an VIII.

I have not built any aircraft for a few years due to lack of space and another very involved model I am working on....

Having said that, I am really impressed with that Spitfire, I love the subject, and I will have to buy at least one!

I would love to see a 1/32 Tempest or Typhoon of that quality also, but I am beginning to doubt that will ever happen..... :lol:

Gents,

This is what Tamiya USA states:

1. Two types of fuel tanks (normal, flying stand)

2. Two types of filters (early / late model)

3. Two types of exhausts (early / late model)

4. Two types of cowlings (early / late model)

5. Two types of wing bulge (twin/single cannon)

6. Two types of wingtips (round, clipped)

7. Two types of rudder (round, pointed)

8. Two types of stabilizers (straight, horn)

The Spitfire Mk. IX assembly kit also features the following:

Early and late style wheels

Early and late style gunsights

Rubber brake lines and tires

IFF antenna panel

Bomb racks and 250lb bombs

Stand to display the model in-flight

Open or closed canopy and cockpit hatch (see 9).

Specs & Features

1/32 scale assembly kit of the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IXc.

This is the most accurate Spitfire Mk.IX model currently available in any scale.

This model is a totally new design and has nothing in common with any other Tamiya Supermarine Spitfire models.

Challenging model production technology limits, the engine cowlings have an amazing 0.4mm thickness to allow for a fully accurate scale representation of the engine. These cowlings can be installed and removed thanks to small magnets.

The C Wing with its two 20mm cannons and four 7.7mm machine guns is faithfully reproduced.

The details of the Rolls Royce Merlin engine including oil tanks, and supercharger have been faithfully remodeled.

Movable elevators, rudder, and ailerons. Flaps can be depicted in up or down position.

Landing gear parts included to depict either up or down position (interchangeable).

Photo-etched parts to depict details such as wheel covers, cockpit details including ininstrument panel (early / late) and seat belts with or without pilot.

1 seated and 1 standing pilot figure are included.

3 kinds of markings including those for RAFs top ace Johnnie Johnson and a color finishing guide included.

A variety of Tamiya paints including new AS (see page 91) and XF paints (see page 92) are available for the perfect paint job.

I don't see a Mk VIII as an option here OOB, so you'll have to do modify some things to get there.

I have ordered mine :huh:

Brad

wow

looks very good

particularly interested in:

"1. Two types of fuel tanks (normal, flying stand)" - what does this mean?

one is the UGGGGGLLLLYYYYYY slipper tank depicted in the pics (does ANYONE want to put that on this beautiful bird??? :( ), so what's the other?

if it is the type seen on lots of Czech Sqn aircraft then i am a happy bunny! :blink:

"Bomb racks and 250lb bombs"

i am now off to worship at the Tamiya altar... :P