1/32 Seafire III

Radub

Inner armor wind screen looks great and a good idea as well on your part.I'll incorporate something like that in my next Spitfire build.I'm sure enjoying this project Radu,it really opens the eyes for me...cheers

Brilliant work as always, Radu. Your meticulous attention to detail constantly amazes me.

Someday, if you can find the time, you should do a thread on how you make all those tiny detail bits like those you added to the gear legs. I'm always trying to do this kind of thing but feel like I've got sausages instead of fingers and usually wind up frustrated with the so-called results.

Thanks johng, I will see what I can do.

I realised that I never showed any images of the underside modifications. Only the part outboard of the wheel well had to be modified. The resin bulge is from the Airwaves conversion kit. The smaller bulges are scratchbuilt. The orange panel is self adhesive tape.

post-683-1209494642.jpg

Radu

Great work as usual. I agree with johng, your work on the small details is especially crisp and clean. I too would love to see something on how you do it and what tools you use.

Dave/Ironman1945

My tools are nothing amazing. I use a scalpel with a No.11 blade, a steel ruler, a box of drills and a pin vice for the drills. I also have a set of fine files (Chinese made, in a plastic wallet). I use some emery boards, both fancy ones like Mastercasters and regular run-of-the-mill emery boards for nailcare from the supermaket.

I do not think that the tools make the difference. I think that the "secret" is that I am seldom happy with the first attempt. Most of the times, my parts are made, remade and refined a number of times until I get a result I am happy with. I suppose that because I never show the duds and scrapped parts, it seems as if this happens easily, but in reality most of them are a Mk. 3 version. :)

Radu

Splendid as always Radu.

It is a pleasure to watch these builds develop. I'm very grateful that you take the time and effort to share your work so carefully. It is a valuable learning tool and offers a superb insight into quality scratch-building techniques.

I am perplexed by one small detail though........., is there a reason why you chose brass tubing instead of stainless steel tubing for the oleo inserts?

Thanks again for sharing your skill and expertise.

Cheers,

Radu, you bad boy you!! You never cease to amaze me with your work.... I just love the wheel wells and those legs... yes that is correct: I love your legs mate :rolleyes:

The torque links are spot on... I can understand your construction of them, but what I don't get is how you are able to make them so detailed for being so small? :) Excellent work my friend!

Cheers

Alan

P.s what does that self adhesive tape actually look like? That is a great idea to use that material.... is there no worries about it lifting up after being painted or coated in primer?

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Geedubelyer, the reason why I did not use stainless steel is availability. I do not have any stainless steel rods.

Alaninaustria, the tape is Dymo label tape -I use their thinnest. I bought a reel many, many years ago to use for scribing, but it was too thin for that and I have been looking for some use for it for a while. We shall see how it performs under a few coats of paint. I hope it will work. :rolleyes:

Radu

Absolutely fascinating to watch you go at it Radu... But I have to say..., this .." It's really not difficult".. attitude of yours is wearing a bit thin. :^)

Can't wait to see it under a dusting of paint.

Absolutely fascinating to watch you go at it Radu... But I have to say..., this .." It's really not difficult".. attitude of yours is wearing a bit thin. :^)

Can't wait to see it under a dusting of paint.

Thanks William.

But... how else can I encourage people to have a go? ;) I would like my photos to inspire people. If I say: "It is as difficult as hell, you will hate it, you need expensive tools!", will that help? :rolleyes: It really is not that difficult to scratchbuild, you really do not need expensive tools, you just need to want to try. ;)

Radu

Thanks Allok,

yes, the heat is on. This must be finished in the next two weeks.

I joined the wings and teh fuselage last night. Lots of filling needed. :rolleyes:

Radu