1/32 Seafire III

Radub

Outstanding Radu, this is an other amazing realisation of yours.

These radiators are really looking real I think and what to say about the wheel wells...

Congratulations

Loic

Fantastic work Radu! It really does look like all you've done is take a whole bunch of AM resin parts and paint them white. No glue runs, no sanding scratches, no misalignments...sheesh! You're not making it look hard enough!

Kev

The careburettor intake/filter for the Seafire III was similar to that used on the MkIX. The Hasegawa kit offers a number of filter scoops but none of them is suitable, so I had to make one using what comes in the box. I used parts 37 and 39. I drew in pencil the line where part 37 will be cut.

post-683-1209476480.jpg

Radu your work is inspirational to say the least.Very clean.One quick question...the gear legs,were they turned on a lathe then drilled through or was it plastic tubing in the first place.Further,those gear legs would be the same for the MkV minus the torque links would they not?That new PCM MkIX could use some new legs or rather,some work done to their existing ones.Really wonderful work Radu...cheers

Thanks Dave,

the plastic parts were indeed tubes that were turned in the lathe. Then the brass part was slid inside.

The Mk.V legs were indeed similar, minus the torque links. The Spitfire IX had this very same type of legs. I do not have the PCM Spiptfire, so I do not know what it needs.

The legs were not complete in my previous pictures - the lock "ears" were not glued in place. Here are the complete legs.

post-683-1209485527.jpg