1/32 Seafire III

Radub

A lot of filling was needed at the rear of the wing.

There is no clear knowledge about what happened to the arrestor hook area. It is knowwn that the arrestor hook was removed. The general wisdom is that the hole was covered. I used tape to make that panel.

post-683-1209736817.jpg

Here are the masks for the markings. There are no decals for this scheme and the colours used are impossible to replciate with the Alps printer, so the only solution os to paint them using vinyl masks.

Radu

post-683-1209888486.jpg

Did you make those masks yourself Radu? Oh, wait a minute - of course you did, what was I thinking! Do you have access to the necessary equipment (a plotter with a cutting head I believe), or do you outsource?

Kev

Did you make those masks yourself Radu? Oh, wait a minute - of course you did, what was I thinking! Do you have access to the necessary equipment (a plotter with a cutting head I believe), or do you outsource?

Kev

Hi Kev,

Yes, I drew them in Corel and I cut them with a plotter.

Radu

impressive as always... I thought every modeler has a favorite activity/duty in the hobby and its own skills are best in one of those activity: it could be assemblying, detailling, painting or whatever else depending on people but you do seam to master the hobby from A to Z Radu. It is very inspiring (and little despressing at the same time :blink: ) and it always is a great pleasure to follow your builds.

Cheers,

Loic

What exceptional work you are doing to my favourite aircraft. This is such fun seeing your work. You are a true master Radu. i have been striving to work as clean as you do and slowly, I am getting there but there is so much to learn from every photo you put up. Please keep this up, you teach us so much.

:rolleyes: It really is not that difficult to scratchbuild, you really do not need expensive tools, you just need to want to try. :rolleyes:

Radu

Amen to that Radu.

That Seafire is really starting to look very impressive, and your home made stencils work a treat - Inspiring build.

Cheers

Derek