Hawker Typhoon : FINISHED

Hacker

Very nice Dave. I think that you have captured the purposefulness of the Typhoon nicely. All of your hard work has paid off handsomely...your future builds can only go from strength to strength...well done.

Derek

Fine finish there Dave.....you've wrapped it up with absolute professionalism!

Isn't it just a great feeling when all the various components you've spent ages on, finally come together?! In this case Dave, the finished product appears to be even greater than the sum of it's parts.

Great work mate, thanks for sharing. I know precisely where to come for reference material when I start my Revell Typhoon. ;)

Cheers

Ango

Super build !! :o

B)-->

QUOTE(derek B @ Mar 6 2007, 07:18 PM) 108791[/snapback]

Very nice Dave. I think that you have captured the purposefulness of the Typhoon nicely. All of your hard work has paid off handsomely...your future builds can only go from strength to strength...well done.

Derek

Fine finish there Dave.....you've wrapped it up with absolute professionalism!

Isn't it just a great feeling when all the various components you've spent ages on, finally come together?! In this case Dave, the finished product appears to be even greater than the sum of it's parts.

Great work mate, thanks for sharing. I know precisely where to come for reference material when I start my Revell Typhoon. :)

Cheers

Ango

Thanks for the input guys your comments are always welcomed . ( call me anything but late for dinner lol :P :D :) )

hacker :( B)

Looks great, Hacker!! Alot of extra work in that old bird. I swear I don't know where you guys manage to find the time. I always get pulled in different directions every time I try to sit down and work on a kit.

Well done Hacker, she looks stunning. I opened the Revell typhoon box the other day, just to re-familiarise myself, and it really bought home what you've achieved.

Top notch.

I agree with everyone else so far, this is amazing work! I also took a look at my Typhoon kit and appreciated the amount of effort you put in to convert it to the bubble canopy version, and then detail and finish it to the level you accomplished. Well done!!

The rocket-armed Typhoon looks so brutish and dangerous in most scales, but it is really effective in 1/32! One small point historically; the Canadian Typhoon squadrons were not armed with rockets, but hung 500 and 1000 lb bombs under their wings. Doesn't detract at all from the magnificent job you have done though, and people usually associate this aircraft with rockets. I don't think the German troops on the ground waited around to find out what was going to be launched at them!

I hope to see the model locally at one of the hobby shops or shows. Others should see how great one of the older kits can look in the hands of a good and determined (or crazy) model builder.

Good job,

Cheers,

Richard

post-542-1173977314.jpg

l would beg to differ. Typhoons where armed with both rockets and bombs depending on the mission at hand. Canadian typhoons have been quoted as being armed with rockets and attacking German convoys and such. l could be wrong but l go by what l researched.

hacker :D :lol: