Hawker Typhoon : FINISHED

Hacker

Now l had enough decals to do the job but at first l thought l screwed it up. l had forgot to spray some clear gloss on the decal sheet in case the decals had dried out. Well you guess it when the upper wing roundel came off the paper sheet it broke into a million peices. Fortunately l had a set of upper wing roundels from a 1/72 Airfix Sterling that where the same size and colour. So before l continued l sprayed everything with a clear gloss so l would have no more problems.

The following picture is the finished paint and decal job on the main part of the plane. l am still working on the tail control surfaces and they will be added later as well as the parts for the gun bays. but l was eager to see what it would look like when l put the engine and propeller on along with radiator. So here are some pictures of the test fitting of these parts

post-542-1171583223.jpg

post-542-1171583423.jpg

And finally the last picture for today. Currently l am working on the landing gear , the landing gear doors and the control surfaces for the tail. l am also working on the rocket rails and the access doors for the gunbay. Still quite a bit of work yet but l am on the homestreatch now. l hope the have this done by the end of next week but we will see. Hope you enjoyed this installment of this on going typhoon saga.

Hacker B) :huh:

great job Hack! I have very much enjoyed watching this beast progress. That masking and painting work looks super. The way all the various components are coming together, really gives me inspiration for my eventual build of the same kit. Your work on that engine area was completely worth the effort, it looks very realistic.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Ango

Looks great from here. Need to see some close ups of all that great detail work you did. My only comment at this point and just judging from the pics I see is that the busy areas need a bit of a wash. The engine and the area in general is a bit too clean.

Thanks for the kind words guys l appreciate it. :) :)

She's beautiful Hacker. I too would like to see more close-up shots of her!!!

Jean

Jean l will try to see if l can get close up pics once its done to give everyone a tour of the plane. The digital camera l am using is limited so l dont know if l can or not but l will experiment and see what l can do

Lovely job there mate :D as they say a silk purse from a sow's ear :rolleyes:

Graham.

Man that is an understatement Graham. Its much like the work you are doing on that mossie. The biggest challange of the whole thing was the wings. Even without the detailing and modifications it would have been a difficult fit.

Brain the plane is not done quite yet so any washes and such will be done at the last. The engine and other stuff on the front was just test fitted to see what else needs to be done.

hacker :) B)