1/32 F4F

stusbke

Hi guys well I have a few other projects going these days and one of them is this one.

Like I promessed to Boness here she is

Im using the 1/32 revell F-4F boxing and the tweak list I found here, I got to work.

Some of you guys will know this build from the ARC Gb a few months back since this was the reason to start this kit. I never get to finisch a kit before the Gb ending date :lol: ;) ;)

Starting with the seats wich are great OOB but they could use some extra detail. So I started working on the added detail to the sides and replacing the seat belts with styrene and adding that all up you end up with these

Ive put the OOb seat next to it so you see the difference

pic009572jo.jpg

pic009569oe.jpg

And yes I was this mad twice :lol:

pic009580mt.jpg

last one

pic009482by.jpg

And as Boness I to replaced the cockpit with a scratch attempt. emphasis on attempt

pic012617ds.jpg

pic012605ok.jpg

With the seats in

pic012521ac.jpg

I also added some detail to the wheel wells, next one im building I'm replacing them entirely

pic012709hl.jpg

pic012693ts.jpg

The main gears also got some detail

pic012664ju.jpg

Well thats all for now I hope to have some more now in te near future

ooh and before you ask I didnt have a punch and die set at the time I did the side consels and such, I might end up rebuilding the whole thing again. Time will tell

Any suggestions are welcome here since this is my first real full scratch cockpit here

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

absolutely fantastic level of detail! i just love these seats. i thought that i am in love with the su 27 and mig 29 seats we were alowed to watch on this forum, but i think i get devorced and ask your seats to marry me.

i understand you use plastik for the cables on the gear. is it just stretched sprue? do you use hot water to bend it?

a very interestig project which has to be watched for shure.

cheers klaus

... stunned....

Thanx guys appreciate it

Klaus H; about my gears, I did not use streched sprue for my gears but the thinnest styrene rod on the market, it works like a charm, its only been a few months sice i discovered the use of telephone wire as detailing gears and stuff, So as of now im kinda sticking to that one. Its very flexible IF you use long pieces (10 cm or 3.49 in) at a time this way its way easier to bend it in to shape, no water needed its just so flexible its amazing, I can even bend 90 degree corners with it only you gotta watch out not to rush it or it will break. Also gluing it is a tricky thing as the tamiya glue tends to solve the evergreen and make the bend corner verry fragile.

Any way heres another picture of the gear

pic012684lm.jpg

Haggis; about the seats, well basicly the same as with the gears if you keep your evergreen strips long enough they bend like nothing I ever seen and its easier to work with. I first glued them on to the seat and then just took the four ends and made a knot with them around the headrest, wich I saw on a picture somewhere, it looks cool and its different from Stock seats so mine are surely unique :D .

Also as you can see in the pictures they are reversing sides and coming down behind the oppesite seatbelt, this also makes glueing them easier. I cut them under the headrest and then I added some buckels on them as you can see in the third cockpit picture with the seats in. it was a tempting job but I was verry pleased with how they turned out. I learned a lot on these seats knowing that an aftermarket seats isnt always needed to have a great seat. I also tried this on my F-18 but to be honest this trick doenst work well on that type of seat I guess the harness of it isnt suitable for it I think.

Well thats all for now

Hoping for some more in progress soon

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

;) :D Again. Wow...

thanks for the tips on the phone cable and evergreen. I suppose they'd take paint better as well.

Lovely work...can't wait to see it with paint on.

Cheers Matty

Sa 3/06/2006

I got round to sit at my bench again for longer then 15 minutes and I decided to try something out wich i can use for future builds as well

I got working on the exhaust and I made the flaps, well the masters anyway so i can remake them in alu sheet later on.

any way the exhaust OOB lacks the detail that is all around in the exhaust of the phantom

so I decided to add it myself rather then buying a resin set.

I first started off sanding the existing raised details off. Then I added pieces of styrene rod and placed plates over them then I cut a lot of triangles and put those on too.

PIC02237.jpg

then came on the plates and the triangles to hold them when doen with that job it looks like this

PIC02240.jpg

PIC02239.jpg

Ive completed one so far so here's a picture next to the OOB one

PIC02248.jpg

on the airframe it looks like this I also temporarely installed the flaps so you get the idea on how I wanna pose them

PIC02244.jpg

Last one

PIC02243.jpg

thats all for now i hope to finisch these up soon so I can start on the exhaust pipes

greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

very very well done!

its true that you dont need to buy resin sets if you dont want to. all those resin parts have been mastered from someone and so it should be possible to get the same results with styrene anytime.

and the best of it is.... you are much more proud of it once it is finished and it is pure modelling joy. its called modelling, not assembling anyway.

looking forward to read from you

cheers klaus

Thanx guys you make me blush. I feel like I improved myself but still im far from the level then some of the regular builders here.

But he at least im enjoying it very step of the way, and indeed klaus I will be proud of myslef when i can say all added detail is scratch :lol:

greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

I am loving this Fred. I am the same as you when it comes to AM stuff, but you have got some good stuff there mate!!!

Thanx for bringing us this build, and welcome to LSP from me if I havent said hello already!

I love the can things you did.(what are they called? Exhausts,burners?). Excellent. I will be stealing your tricks with great pleasure! :o