1/32 F4F

stusbke

Thanx for all the great responses here :P

piet by all means do that mate I'm looking foward on you build mate :P

today I got round to make the second exhaust and started improving the exhaust compressor and flameholder

anyway heres how they both look (temporarely) installed on the plane

PIC02262.jpg

Like I said im also working on the rest of the exhaust and Im still working out a a way of making the exhaust pipe but I'll figure something out, any sugestions are welcome

well a picture says more then word so here goes

OOB

PIC02269.jpg

My attempt at it

PIC02267.jpg

voila thats all for now I hope to have some more soon

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

I think I am going to mark this thread for use when I get ready to do my exhaust. Than it some excellent work. I think these guys are right, it is more fun to bang this stuff up out of styrene instead of paying way to much for resin stuff. And it makes you feel good about your work when done.

keep up the good work, maybe together we can finnish these monsters :)

jim

so you are also scratching the turbine blades..... fine.... :lol: !!!! fantastic!

how did you aproach that? i saw that you have used little stripes of about 0.25mm evergreen sheet for it.

how did you manage to aline them that nicely.

i am asking because... you know... a he-162 doesnt really have a prop. so any kind of information how you did aproach that work would be aprichiated.

cheers klaus

god damn. where is this site going to lead us, brian?!

Hi Frederick,

Some mighty fine scratchbuilding going on there my friend...very neat and precise. Nice to see your ejection seat harness shoulder straps draped over the tops of the seat head boxes...it was a nice reminder of how they are usually 'tidied away' prior to aircrew strap-in (I used to stow them this way when I worked on Lightning, Phantom and Buccaneer seats). Your jet pipes look really good (good fun making all those fan blades Frederick, aren't they! :lol:). Keep up the good work, I'll look forward to seeing more of your excellent work.

Best regards

Derek

It is so fantastic to see all the scratchbuilding going on. This is real modelling at its best. I think that one should only go to aftermarket if it is absolutely necessary, otherwise, do the thing yourself. After all not all aftermarket stuff is accurate. You really have to check things out before you put them into your model. This turbine and the detail inside the can are really way out!! Accurate, fine and so neat. What else could one need. Magnificent detailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Sa 17/6/2006

Ok guys I finaly did something and finisched the second turbine I also took a few in progress pics to show how I went about it.

First thing I made was a roundel in styrene and i marked a cros on it then I put the first four blades on them. I put them on straight not in an angle it works better for me.

post-1504-1150537019_thumb.jpg

Then you devide the four quarters in two and put the other four blades on too. All that rests is to devide the eight spaces now in four equal spaces and install the remaining blades.

Here a shot when I was almost half way installing the remaining blades.

post-1504-1150536798_thumb.jpg

Now the next thing I needed to do was to change the flameholder

I drilled out the center

post-1504-1150537465_thumb.jpg

and then I cleaned it up and installed the center part on my compressor

post-1504-1150537485_thumb.jpg

Now this how all that looks like so far

post-1504-1150537586_thumb.jpg

Voila I hope to have some more soon now Im currently working on the exhaust pipes and I hope to have some I finisched it pictures tonight.

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Piet thanx for the comments

thanks for the explaination. it makes sence to aproach it that way.

cheers klaus

as for your build I think you can use the same method on doing yours The PM you send me showed me that it also has a cover over it so This would be a possible way of doing it. But Im sure you would a better job on it then me though

PS this has to be said I actualy had this idea from another guy who did a scratch job on a f-104 exhaust and it got me thinking and I started this. I did however approuch it on a different level because he use thicker styrene and by the end it looks different too.

I already have found a way to make the exhaust pipe and im well on the way to finisch it by the end of the day

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs