Top three builds

We've got threads on models in the stash, and duplicates in the stash.

(Some serious numbers there!)

How about this: what would be your top builds, up to three, of kits IN your stash right now? I'll go first.

1:  1/8 Hasegawa Fokker Triplane.

2: hard one- 1/200 Arizona or Yorktown

3: harder one- 1/16 Pz IVG or 1/96 CSS Alabama or 1/100 Victory.

Even writing this is tough, I did find it hard to select only three, and I have only 190 kits.

So, who's next?

Top three in what?  Want to build next?  Saving for a special time? Top three favorites?  Most expensive?  
That’s a tough call category.  I get a “special kit” and a year later a new shiny comes along to replace it. 
Let me see if I can figure out my top three….

Tamiya F4-EJ with Wolfpack KAI conversion

Fisher Cutlass (new shiny)

A-7D with Zacto correction

I have a list on my phone of “must builds” I’ve slowly been checking off.  In addition to the above that list includes a few other Fishers. Panther, USAF fat face Skyraider, Tamiya F-16 Thunderbird, F4-E Thunderbird, Blue Angels bearcats and A-4.  The A-4 is on the SOD currently.  I should restart that project. 

And I still haven’t placed a priority on any of my big heavies in the stash.  B-17’s, 25’s, Lanc, 24.  I am building the He 111 currently. I had no idea of its size until I opened the box.  

Good question. Sort of a tongue-in-cheek you only get to pick three builds out of your existing stash, the rest go away, just those 3 to build.

This is a real tough one. Tonight’s thoughts!

1. HK B-17F - certainly in my current post-Masters of the Air Flying Fortress fandom!

2. Tamiya P-51D - still haven’t done one of these and I have plenty in the stash

3. Spitfire Mk.XII using the Laminar Flow conversion. Something a bit more challenging and rare.

Assuming it has to currently be in the stash and not already started:

1:16 Das Werk StuG IIIG

1:72 Revell Type VIIC, converted to a flak boat

1:32 Bf 110C, as a Wespengeschwader machine

Let me ask you this question….

Of the top three, how long have they been in your stash and why have you NOT built it yet?  

I can honestly say I’ve put off a few because I wasn’t confident in my skill level when I acquired the kit.  I personally feel in the past few years since retirement my skills have increased quite a bit. 
Of the three I listed, I’ve had two of them for 10 years or more.  I just acquired the Cutlass in the last month or so.  

Edited by ScottsGT

Well, Scott. The Triplane, since '10 or so. When I left California, I brought 6-7 boxes of kits. So, most I've had for awhile. As retirement nears, I hope to step up my game. I did much more collecting than building for some years.

35 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

Well, Scott. The Triplane, since '10 or so. When I left California, I brought 6-7 boxes of kits. So, most I've had for awhile. As retirement nears, I hope to step up my game. I did much more collecting than building for some years.

:rofl:  I’ve never been busier in my life since that day two years ago.  

my top 3 favorite builds in my modeling life....hummmmm here goes in no order just 3 favorites

1. hasegawa 1/32 Stuka kanonenvogle

2. tamiya 1/32 Spitfire

3. tamiya 1/32 F16

I'll edit tomorrow when i change my mind

Edited by Robthepom

12 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Trumpeter kit?

Yup.

Forgot to list the manufacturers:

1. 1/16th Trumpeter JagdPanther

2. 1/8th Hasegawa Fokker Dr.I

3. 1/200 Trumpeter Bismark

4. 1/16th Monogram 1967 Corvette

5. 1/72nd Fine Molds Millenium Falcon

48 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

Yup.

Forgot to list the manufacturers:

1. 1/16th Trumpeter JagdPanther

2. 1/8th Hasegawa Fokker Dr.I

3. 1/200 Trumpeter Bismark

4. 1/16th Monogram 1967 Corvette

5. 1/72nd Fine Molds Millenium Falcon

Nice! I've been checking from time to time, but the price is just too high. Perhaps Andy will eventually do one for a reasonable price.