Most completions in a single year?

I was averaging about 8-9 a year of mixed scales and genre after retirement up until this year. This year will be a lower number. 
 I’m about a week’s work away from completing #3 for the year. The wife has had a few medical issues since late January that has required either me chauffeuring her around town to Dr’s appointments or tending to her needs.  Cancer is some real crap that just flat out changes your lives. And now that she’s getting better she’s loading me down with spring projects outside that keeps me away from the bench.  

Typical yard work, she found a play set for the grand kids I had to go disassemble, bring home and set up, car service, pulling the boat out of the lake tomorrow and doing the 300 hour service on the motor, spring cleaning the boat (tritoon) and the son wants to prep the wave runner.  And as soon as that’s done, I have about three days of pressure washing that needs to be done.  
I’m going on strike as soon as the pressure washing is completed.  I want better working conditions. 

Of LSPs? I want to say 4 in a year.

Of all scales? I think it was 22 or 23 back in 2011. Was my first free summer in a decade, and was still recovering from a long illness, so had nothing else to do but build

Matt

Edited by scvrobeson

My best result in terms of models built in a year, since I've been retired, is five.  As were LSP's as that's all I build.  The first three were from the Eastern Front GB in 2020

1) SH Yak-3
g4kEVr.jpg

2) KH P-39Q

8fZ8Fn.jpg

3) ICM I-16 Type 17 (on skis)

1Twckn.jpg

4) Trumpeter P-47D Razorback

EYMj9w.jpg

5) Trumpeter P-40B

9dDGE2.jpg

I may have built more models in a year, but that was probably when I was in my teens and we won't talk about how many years ago that was....:lol:

Cheers,

Michael

Edited by Dpgsbody55

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2024 at 5:12 AM, ChuckD said:

In 2022 I challenged myself to complete eight kits.  I managed, but it came down to about 7pm on New Years Eve.

Well done! That is impressive. I’ve challenged my self to complete three this year and, so far, I might just be on track.

Thanks for responding!

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes