Wingscale gone, WINGXL back !

Guest Wing XL (Martin)

Guest Wing XL (Martin)

Dear all,

In the last few months I have seen a lot of questions on the forums, regarding the future of Wingscale and its models.

For me these months were a road full of surprises, disappointments, but also many highlights.

Your support on the forums was a big support, for which I truly thank you all!

Ideas can be taken away........but a dream cannot and will forever stay!

Unfortunately my past situation made it not a wise decision, to respond on all the discussions and questions. I hope you all will forgive me for that.

That is until now!

I would like to inform you about the situation of Wingscale.

First of all the name Wingscale and mother company have been deleted and both will NOT be used anymore.

Last week I finalized the definite sale of my plastic injection molding company.

The new business model with new suppliers I needed to sort out has been finalized and accomplished already as well.

A new company has been established with a new brand: WINGXL.

From August 1st, I will be focusing 100% on WINGXL!

And our WINGXL team is glad to be back!

WINGXL will proceed with the following kits in 1/32 scale:

• North American B-25 C/D Mitchell

• Douglas A-26 Invader

• Douglas A-20 Havoc

• Martin B-26 Marauder

• Northrop P-61 Black Widow

• Lockheed Hudson

• Bristol Beaufighter

• De Havilland Mosquito

Please note these are listed in random order and not according release dates.

Besides the B-25, the specific versions of the other kits are not mentioned.

Also the pictures on our website are chosen in general, we haven’t yet revealed which versions are to come or the timeframe for these releases. I think everybody will understand why.

In the coming few months, when appropriate, I will keep you all informed about progress of WINGXL and its kits.

Each kit will be produced in a limited quantity of 10.000.

Depending on how many major different versions are possible (general abt. 2-3), minimal every 2-3 years constructional revised versions will be released, also in limited quantities.

WINGXL kits will NOT appear re-boxed by other manufacturers later on.

We will respect the true limited character of above mentioned kits.

Which retailers will remain in the WINGXL structure, will be decided oncoming time.

To prevent unnecessary workload for the retailers, for now just communicate directly with WINGXL please.

Which price level we can offer, will be decided at the appropriate time too.

Regarding the price level we off course will do our best to maintain the previous one.

You can ensure a place on the list for above mentioned items.

Please sent an email to: on-list@wingxl.nl

Then you will receive a standard autoreply that your interest of maybe ordering one later has been received and you will have been put on the list.

For other communication please use: info@wingxl.nl

Hoping to have informed you all herewith, I remain,

Martin Oude Vrielink

WINGXL

Martin, this is excellent news and it is good to see you back on the discussion board. Bring on the P-61 I say and the A-26. Good luck with the new company and I wish you all the success in the future. :speak_cool:

Nothing but the very best news, Martin!

I like to second the smileys Adam has already used (so nor more a left for me... :D ). Just kidding, Adam! :coolio:

Have send my email a minute ago. An Invader for me, please!

Thomas

Hi Martin,

Good to see you are back! I already heard the news from Luuk a few weeks ago, but now it is official!

Best regards,

Hans

Oh Yeah!

Now this is more like it!

Great to have you back Martin!

A really mouth-watering list in your "to-do" tray! :speak_cool:

Personally for me, intending to do the RAF/Dutch Mitchell squadron schemes the C/D is actually better than the J!! :thumbsup:

God's speed to you in your new venture. :clap2:

Just realised that some of the US members are gonna need the heart pills with this announcement today and the 4th July tomorrow!!!! :party0023:

Phil

Guest Peterpools

Martin

Thank Goodness it's ovr and welcome home! I eagerly look forward to each new release and sincerely wish you and your company the best of luck and success.

:beer: :beer: :clap2: :clap2: :m0152: :clap2: :clap2::beer: :beer:

Peter

Martin,

It’s good to hear from you; I like many others have been wondering when you would be able to let us know what you future plans are.

I agree with everyone one else that have replied this is awesome news. :m0152:

As with Jerry I would love to see the P-61 “first”; however I’ll be grateful for any of the kits listed. :clap2:

I’m positive that based on what we’ve seen you will bring us a “top shelf”, high quality, accurate kit. :thumbsup:

Barry

Martin, glad you are back and so quickly. I suggested earlier on this forum you could make a B 25 C or D. It would please me to build a Free French one in Normandy landing scheme.

I hope you will find a very large support with the subjects, quality and price of your models. I wish you a merited success for you deserve a justified reward.

Cordially.

JP Chagnon