Revell 1/32 scale Ju 88 test shot build up pics...

alaninaustria

Oh My Oh My no wait! THIS IS FREEEKING GREAT! And this is from a guy that has a Combat Ju-88A-4 right on my bench and very far along it is indeed!

The photos look like we have a kit engineered for multiple variants- check

Starts out it seems with the earlier A1/A2 - check

Clear parts need some work - getting there

Nice out of box detailing - check

I want to see the LGear sprues, wheel wells and interior next... no chuck that I want to see all the sprues close up

Finally we will need Resin! All that glass has to have cool details inside and... BMW engines and Ju-188 conversions

Wow

Rick

Conversions I'm sure will come. For me the ultimate goal will be to have a Ju 388 in this scale. Once they do a late G with square tail, longer wings and tailplanes it'll be time to have a go....

Hopefully this will also persuade someone to do a 1/32nd BMW 801 so we can have BMW powered Ju88s and Fw 190s with engine detail....

Matt

Well I don't usually like to judge things before I actually see them in the flesh but judging from those photo's they sure look like they've got the shape pretty much spot on.

I hope they do things like all the wingtip/navigation lights in clear plastic and the cockpit has a good amount of detail though. Great to see some pics at last!

Someone must play the role of Devil's disciple, so I'll say out loud that I hope Revell will improve the fit of those canopy parts. Brethren: Let us pray ...

:lol: :lol: I must admit that my first thought in seeing that shot was 'isn't going to take long before there's a vac canopy for that'!.

Very exciting though...I'm liking the twin engined direction...sweet.

Cheers Matty

Hey Dragan,

thanks very much for the link!

Guys, from what I can see, it answers my most demanding dreams (but the engines). As I love scratchbuilding, I guess this is an other good reason for me to love that kit: I try to turn every possible item into positive fact :lol:

This is just mind blowing to me, I am so excited :lol:

Also, having been myself in the plastic industry for a while now, I really think saling this kit for 35 euro is an incredible achivement! Hope that will happen.

I have not seen this kit in flech yet but I already know there is no way I could either get desappointed or sad (would it be the carp in flesh!)

Big HAT OFF to Revell and I hope they will sale millions of these babies.

Cheers,

Loic

Rick

Conversions I'm sure will come. For me the ultimate goal will be to have a Ju 388 in this scale. Once they do a late G with square tail, longer wings and tailplanes it'll be time to have a go....

Hopefully this will also persuade someone to do a 1/32nd BMW 801 so we can have BMW powered Ju88s and Fw 190s with engine detail....

Matt

I contacted Sergey, who produces the superb Vector engines, not too long ago to see if he had plans to do a BMW 801 and engine bay for the Fw 190. Needless to say the more people who ask the more likely it is to happen. Requests: vector_sk@mail.ru

I find the detail on the wheel encouraging, but I'll be buying a few anyway-can't wait for a 188, happy days!

Hey Guys,

I found this baby on Amazon.de today for the price of 32,98 Euro, Shipping included!

Here´s da link: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001...=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Seems like it will be shipped on October 13, so just 12 days left until I´ll have it to collect in my postoffice (wont fit in the letterbox I guess :lol: )

Cheers

Jerry

judging from what i make of the interior in the above shots---and the tailwheel!! what a little gem! the resin guys might just have to pass on this one!!!!!!! just joking, but c'mon guys, this looks bloody outstanding and if, as seems highly likely, we are in for a series of 88's----well what better start than with the early production- short span version------just right for me anyway(B.O.B.) and out comes my old aerodata book-----still good ref.

marvellous stuff----hope and pray diligently for more just like it.

cheers,

dave.

Hey Guys,

I found this baby on Amazon.de today for the price of 32,98 Euro, Shipping included!

That's the best thing about Revell. They keep their kits low price.

Most other companies would charge much more for a new mold kit.

So when do we get some nice new-tool Hurricane Is to shoot these things down with?

I'M KIDDING!! Someone had to say it...

This is a wonderful surprise and a natural choice for Revell, and I'm sure it will sell well. I can't believe what we have seen released in large scales in the last couple of years. I would never have guessed a JU-88 in 1/32, in such detail. And what's better...at a reasonable price.

It's an expensive time to be a large scale modeller.

Cheers,

Richard

i heard that will costs around 35eu ... ??!!!???!!!

WOW. :o If that's still the case once they get to the US, then I'll have to grab a couple, maybe more.

With a little work, one is just screaming out to be put to use with one of those PM/Hasegawa G-4 kits in the stash...

post-30-1222988430.jpg

Such a combination would fit right in sitting next to my '109Z-1. :rolleyes:

D