1:32nd B-17G 'Aluminium Overcast'

tomprobert

Thanks Tom,

Seeing this reminds me I've got one with about 4 months worth of work done inside with most of a crew ready that my FLAK-KAT

took down.   I have Phantom projects I want to do .......but now I'm hearing what sounds like whispers that seem to be saying

"Were here ....waiting to be finished.....you know you really want tooo"         ARGH!! VOICES IN MY HEAD!!!!!.....Calling!!!

Is there a Doctor in the HOUSE?????

I'm still blown away by your Halifax

Thanks Again Sir!!!

watchin'you

Jack

Edited by marauderdriver

Many thanks chaps - your kind words are much appreciated  :)

I'm off skiing for a week tomorrow and when I return I'll be on my Easter holidays so hopefully there'll be plenty of bench time and I can get the rest of the interior done.

Tom

Your work impresses me.  It demonstrates how skilled a craftsman you are.  I'm waiting on the 'F' myself.  Whenever it arrives, I'll be back here for sure, to do some gleaning.  Thanks for the inspiration Tom.

Oh BTW.  The filmstrip borders you used for the pics. are cool and neat and I really like.  Never seen that before.  Is that a photoshop thingy?

Best regards

Patrick

Your work impresses me. It demonstrates how skilled a craftsman you are. I'm waiting on the 'F' myself. Whenever it arrives, I'll be back here for sure, to do some gleaning. Thanks for the inspiration Tom.

Oh BTW. The filmstrip borders you used for the pics. are cool and neat and I really like. Never seen that before. Is that a photoshop thingy?

Best regards

Patrick

Many thanks Patrick.

I will no doubt treat myself to the F too! Rumour has it that a lot of reworking has been done to the nose section, too.

The film strips are part of the editing tools with photobucket - they add a nice touch I feel!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

This project is still ticking along nicely, and since the last update I've finished off the interior of the model.

Working from nose to tail:

The forward compartment has had the final details added such as the ammo boxes, the 'twin fifties', and other smaller components such as the fire extinguisher (which has been painted red in this modern 'warbird' restoration rather than the brass colour of the WWII era)

DSC_0104_zpsh0haav30.jpg

The flightdeck has had the final components added too:

DSC_0109_zpsofzuyr8t.jpg

The real 'Aluminium Overcast' has a few dummy bombs in the bomb bay so I've added four of the kit's 500lb-ers to the bay, as well as finishing off the radio room area:

DSC_0112_zpspuptmawg.jpg

The waist areas have had the guns and ammunition installed, and I made the armour plate for the gunner below the window from thin plastic card. The APU was also installed, and a quick scratch-built fire extinguisher completed the area. The home-made passenger seats look passable at a glance!

DSC_0103_zpskpdkvnr0.jpg

DSC_0122_zpsncosd84o.jpg

The tail turret had the ammo boxes covered in wood-grain decal ( bit rough around the edges but they're barely visible with the fuselage halves joined) and once again the machine guns and ammo feeds have been installed:

DSC_0119_zpso2y6ual0.jpg

And now with the interior complete...

DSC_0100_zpssysswiua.jpg

...it's almost time to 'button her up':

DSC_0094_zps06eqsy22.jpg

Until next time,

Tom