Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Kev, when it's said "wings dont count", does it mean "no biplane", or just "dont try to fool us saying an airplane has 2 wings" ?

Technically, we can say most biplanes have 3 wings : 2 lower wings + 1 upper deck.

Or does it mean "it's way too controversial and intricate, so wings just dont count"?

It just means that biplanes don't count unless they also have 2 seats, or engines, or tail planes. So, having 2 wings ("bi" + "plane") isn't enough by itself to qualify. This is a deliberate exclusion to keep the parameters from getting too broad, and making the theme a bit meaningless.

Kev

I'm in with one of the following, I haven't fully made up my mind yet

F4 Phantom-will probably be some Vietnam era variant or Clark AFB

F-18 I'd like to do a folded wing stored build

F-14 this would work nicely with the tomcat group build on z-5, so I'd get to double dip

F-15 lower on the desire list would build one in Missouri ANG markings and put the St.Louis Blues logo on the tails like they did some time ago, I believe two bob's still has those markings available.

But regardless I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info, Brad. Think I'm going to stick with WW2 VVS, though. That's an interesting scheme that I don't think I've seen before, however.  Cool!

Oh, and when you first said "Mongolian", I was thinking "Manchurian", as in something used in the final days of the war against Japan. Oops! :doh:

John

Can we use a build started 3 or 4 weeks back?  Or does it have to be a fresh start?  DON'T MAKE ME WHIP OUT ANOTHER F-4J KIT! LOL!!   My Blue Angels decals are wanting attention!

Edited by ScottsGT

Can we use a build started 3 or 4 weeks back?  Or does it have to be a fresh start?  DON'T MAKE ME WHIP OUT ANOTHER F-4J KIT! LOL!!   My Blue Angels decals are wanting attention!

Scott, it just has to be less than 25% completed.

Kev

With the kind permission of the moderators, I would like to join with the Revell 1/32 AH-64 Apache.  Two seats, two engines.  I will be trying my hand at super detailing via scratchbuilding.  I have a few internet resources and the Verlinden Lock-On book.  My first problem to research is if the beast was O.D. as the instructions call for or Army Helo Drab.  Was one used until the other replaced it so I need t know what bird I'm modeling?  I must admit, I don't know Helos as well as I know planes -  or dragons.

Well, I was just about to start working on an FW 190 when I came across this thread.  So I went and I checked the stash to see if might be able to participate in the group build without buying a new kit.  Sadly, most of what I have in the stash is single engine, single pilot.  (I guess I need to stop watching and start buying on eBay. :hmmm: )  Anyway, I did find a good one, Trumpeter's SBD, with a crew of two.  I bought the kit along with the BigEd set and decals from Yellow-Wings a few years ago.  Unfortunately, life got in the way, and I have yet to get started on it.  I'll probably also order some resin wheels to replace the rubber ones that come with the kit.  Plus, I may also order some metal landing gear as the kit will probably be decently heavy when it is built.  I'll post some progress pics once I get started.IMG_5257_zps08827f1b.jpg