Revell-Germany 03928: Heinkel He 219A-0/A-2

LSP_Kevin

Howdy folks,

I've just published my review of the early He 219 kit from Revell:

Revell-Germany 03928: Heinkel He 219A-0/A-2

2075-1.jpg

Many thanks to HobbyLink Japan for the review sample. The kit can be purchased at the following link:

Revell 1/32 Heinkel He 219 A-0/A-2 Night Fighter

Kev

Thanks for the review.

The rectangular intakes on the wings are wrong for an A-0, should be oval. Replacements are available from Owl.

According to Ferguson's paper, third edition, that's not true.

He states that:" the photographic record shows that with the exception of prototypes and some early A-0 series airframes, the shark-mouth inlet was a standaard feature of all He219s".

So, you can build the Revell he219 a0 OOB without aftermarket parts.

Guest Vulcan32

@Wouter: all the paint schemes from the Revell kit have oval intakes.

Modrow: Werknummer 190012

Streib: Werknummer 190009

B4+AA: Werknummer 210901

And according to Ferguson 75 He-219A-0 were built with oval intakes and 46 with the rectangular. So I wouldn´t say that the rectangular is the standard on the A-0.

Edited by Vulcan32

very useful info Wouter and Vulcan

the ferguson book is the benchmark reference piece in my view

most of the other books i have seen have lots pretty looking drawings etc but seem very confused about the actual technical data

things like whether kit paint schemes can be built accurately from the box, or whether they are as in this case, not right because of wrong intakes (or other) are really were reviews can add value, but as an (ex!) reviewer myself, it takes *a lot* of time and effort, which most people dont have

@Wouter: all the paint schemes from the Revell kit have oval intakes.

Modrow: Werknummer 190012

Streib: Werknummer 190009

B4+AA: Werknummer 210901

And according to Ferguson 75 He-219A-0 were built with oval intakes and 46 with the rectangular. So I wouldn´t say that the rectangular is the standard on the A-0.

I agree that the rectangular intake was not standard but I was merely pointing out you still can build an A-0 with them. But I had not looked at the werknumbers in the kit, so your right about that. If you want to be historically accurate one has to check his reference (but that's always the case). On the other hand, I think a lot of people don't care and just want to build a nice kit. And the Revell is a pretty nice kit in my opinion.

Edit: merely - not merly

Edited by Wouter