Biggest quantity of one particular kit in the stash?

Either some of you are planning to live to be 400, or Marie Kondo is going to have a field day on your stash someday. I thought my 40 kit stash was bad

Matt 

I find the people that are taking pokes at those of us with substantial stashes very to be humorous because those are generally the very same people that are usually the ones crying on the Trader's Board because they can't find this, that or the other OOP kit for a realistic price anymore. 

Definitely a real-world "snooze and lose" situation for them. :rofl: 

D

Like some others who posted here, I'm not really into doing multiples of the same aircraft types, unless perhaps they are very different, like the Albatros D.II compared to a D.III or D.V. But I won't build a D.Va when I already did a D.V for example.

I do have 3 duplicates:

• WNW Camel; 1x USAS 1x Duellist Camel > prior to their demise I got a really good deal on a duellist box I wanted for the LVG and got a free Camel with that. As I like the Camel I kept it, too :)
  • 2x CSM Nieuport XVII 1x (late, French, 1x RFC) -because I like Nieuports, and a bit of CSM support
  • 2x Trumpeter A-6 > building an A-6A now with most buttoned up / wings folded I wanted a low-viz A-6E with everything extended.

Too much different stuff to build to keep repeating the same aircraft, but of course every person is different so to each their own! :)

I've collected kits over the course of my life. As with any hobby, my collection is varied, and reflects my interest in differing topics, and in some instances scale. A stash of 40-50 kits is respectable in terms of time projected. My collection of 200 is on the smallish side, again, compared to some. Maybe excessive to others, but so what? I installed shelving in a basement for a man that had 1000 bottles of wine. His hobby, his interest. Such is life.

15 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

So, we are aboot the same. Is your stash all 1/32 planes?

Almost.  I’ve got a couple of 1/144 kits, about a dozen sci-fi that are large on size and a hand full of 1/48. Oops, I forgot I have multiples of Monogram 1/48 C-47 kits.  I think I have 3 of those.  My big sci-fi kits are 1/350 Star Trek Enterprises. TOS, Refit and NX-01. 
Wait, also have a 1/72 B-52 in the stash.  

3 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

...I installed shelving in a basement for a man that had 1000 bottles of wine. His hobby, his interest. Such is life.

While I could, with only very minor assistance, get through that much (good) wine in about five years, an equivalent volume of aircraft kits — say 150 in 1:32 scale — would take me almost 50 years to do. 

I'm cutting my stash bit by bit to ~100 net by the end of next year. The real problem isn't new releases (favourite subjects being few and far between in 1:32) but the likes of Trumpeter repopping interesting ones and the Zimi/Kittyhawk salvage operation. Am so ridiculously tempted to get another BAC F.6 Lightning even though I have two with one already under the knife.

And when and if ResKit produce items like Falcon D missiles and launchers for the F-4D/E/EJ, or an F-16A/C/CG backdate set for the CJ, how many more Tamiya jets will get stockpiled here, totally immune to any culling procedure.

My wife wants us to move in a year or two so I'm beginning to feel uneasy. My "precious" are under threat! 

(Maybe she wants me to collect red wine instead, which she enjoys too.)

Tony 

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

While I could, with only very minor assistance, get through that much (good) wine in about five years, an equivalent volume of aircraft kits — say 150 in 1:32 scale — would take me almost 50 years to do. 

I'm cutting my stash bit by bit to ~100 net by the end of next year. The real problem isn't new releases (favourite subjects being few and far between in 1:32) but the likes of Trumpeter repopping interesting ones and the Zimi/Kittyhawk salvage operation. Am so ridiculously tempted to get another BAC F.6 Lightning even though I have two with one already under the knife.

And when and if ResKit produce items like Falcon D missiles and launchers for the F-4D/E/EJ, or an F-16A/C/CG backdate set for the CJ, how many more Tamiya jets will get stockpiled here, totally immune to any culling procedure.

My wife wants us to move in a year or two so I'm beginning to feel uneasy. My "precious" are under threat! 

(Maybe she wants me to collect red wine instead, which she enjoys too.)

Tony 

That is very admirable of you (and also a little cruel if I may be so kind as to say) but you’ve been saying this for the last decade.

I think your better half has planned a move out of desperation

16 hours ago, D Bellis said:

I find the people that are taking pokes at those of us with substantial stashes very to be humorous because those are generally the very same people that are usually the ones crying on the Trader's Board because they can't find this, that or the other OOP kit for a realistic price anymore. 

Definitely a real-world "snooze and lose" situation for them. :rofl: 

D

Well that because there is substantial, very substantial and ultra-hyper-substantial.  I imagine the vast majority of us crazies fall well into the latter.  
When I’m navigating my warehouse like stash I sometimes wished I had done more snoozing and losing.

On 4/11/2024 at 3:50 AM, chrish said:

Well I suck....my highest duplicate count is 3 F-18s in the stash (legacy) but eight built.

2 spitfires (5 built)

2 f-4u corsairs

lost count of how many 109's I've built (it would be in the tens) but have all been donated away.

the rest are one each

You truly are blessed my friend. Such discretion and self control deserves much praise.  Please share a thought for all of us way out there on the other side

Edited by Onspring

On 4/12/2024 at 12:21 AM, ScottsGT said:

I will add that I have made the decision to quit duplicates of kits I already have until I build what I want to duplicate that’s in the stash.  I’ve passed up some great deals I’ve seen posted lately.  I’m not getting any younger.  

Indeed, none of are.  But some of us act as if we are getting younger

On 4/12/2024 at 7:10 PM, tomprobert said:

Room is becoming critical, Paul! I’ve given one away to a museum and I still have one in the stash. Another resides in my loft with a number of my 1/32 ‘Heavies’. 

He has a second mortgage

On 4/11/2024 at 10:37 PM, Zola25 said:

I was afraid to post in this thread because I thought it would make me look crazy... I feel much better about myself now :D

Don’t be afraid my level headed friend for there are some terrifying statistics on here