B-17 F/G Bombardier's Overhead Loading Chart Image

I wanted to see if anyone might have a good clear head-on image of the Bombardier's loading chart that is mounted on the ceiling of the nose compartment in the B-17s, I believe the chart was the same on both the F and G models. I want to make a decal for it...

Any help would be really appreciated !!!

Thank you,

Pat

7HpGEnJ.jpg

On 3/22/2024 at 4:57 AM, Juggernut said:

Somebody (other than me) needs to do a spell check:  NOTE: THE SAFE GLIDE ANGLES ARE BASED ON AN AIRPLANE GROSS WEIGHT OF 40,000 LBS WOTH POWER OFF AND WINDMILLING PROPELLERS.

No spell check in those days... :(

Then again, that can also be a good thing! :D

If you read the one that’s in the airplane (it is legible), you’ll see it is spelled correctly.  The one Thierry posted, while informative, isn’t the right shape and contains the spelling error.  It’s valuable for the information therein but is most likely a recreation.

12 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

No spell check in those days... :(

Then again, that can also be a good thing! :D

The fact that some folks have time to catch minutia like this and discuss it is..... impressive.   Tell you what - shrink the placard down to 32nd scale and then circle back if it remains an issue.   :)

I can read the 1/32 F-16 Stencils that I've printed on my ALPS Printer; albeit I need a magnifying glass to read them.  Someone with younger/better eyesight may not.  I am a technical writer and things like that jump right out.

Edited by Juggernut

And what would be the dimensions of this loading table, to be able to reproduce it in the 1/32 version, either the real dimensions, or those already at 1/32 ?

Thank you

10 hours ago, Phil88 said:

And what would be the dimensions of this loading table, to be able to reproduce it in the 1/32 version, either the real dimensions, or those already at 1/32 ?

Thank you

I will look to see if I can find a part number for it.  If I  can, then someone can look for the blueprint at AirCorpsLibrary.com and that should provide the information you need.

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Without the specific dimensions it does not look very complicated to extrapolate them from the ones of the top window located close to it.

That's exactly what I would do in Illustrator.  See what fits and how it looks then make size changes based on photographs and content arrangement.