Trumpeter MiG 29 C (digital Ukrainian camo) finished

chrish

Started the day after the "Misses bushi" zero hit the shelf.

Never being one to adhere to instructions, I started with the cockpit then jumped to the landing gear and gear bays, then the engines...all over the map like a fart in a tornado

using pictures for reference from an ancient book (purely representative) here's the gear legs;

keqznNI.jpg

pdX0pru.jpg

LM7x49K.jpg

kqHeMs1.jpg

should be finished in a day or so...

Thanks for looking

Thanks Martin!

I could, in many cases build straight from the box and be happy. But when there's a complete lack...nearly a complete lack, of detail in the gear bays I took a few hours and added some detail via left over F/A 18 parts, pewter wire from a metal figure kit and some lead wire. I also added some electrical cabling using some land line phone wire.

some thought for accuracy but more for aesthetic value

A34nIlF.jpg

xyFfKC0.jpg

This may take longer than I initially thought

Thanks for looking

Those wire bundles are looking sharp.  I need to grab some phone wire for my stash on future builds.  I've also seen that the ribbon cables from older computers have some really fine wire in them as well.   Great work so far!

a little more progress on the model today

I'm thinking thee vents are the gas purge exit for the gun? In any case the kit had the slots filled with flash and poorly defined openings, I spent a bit of time with a hobby knife and Tamiya razor saws cleaning them up

BkD6tqB.jpg

and the other slots as well, that little task required thinning the plastic from behind then cutting the vents open, again with a knife and razor saw

4xN6r5E.jpg

ZYlibKS.jpg

dAzHklb.jpg

and the Reskit exhaust upgrades require a bit of surgery to the rear of the model as well....shades of an F-14 build coming back to me...

hcm7v3y.jpg

Thanks for looking

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, SwissFighters said:

Just wondering if the seat is OOB? Looks great!

Thanks, the seat is a Quickboost resin seat

6 hours ago, alain11 said:

hi

I like the details you added in the gear bays , as well the gear legs !!! Question ....which version are the Ukrainian  digital Mig 29 , ....thanks

Alain

Using Foxbot masks and decals to build a representation of "Digital Falcons White 57"

also using Reskit wheels, exhausts and weapons including AGM 88 HARM missiles

Edited by chrish