Low-viz 1/32 scooter decals!!!

At last!!! :frantic:

I proposed that topic years ago to two decal producers. One was not interested and the other delayed eternally such a release. On the other side Furball had released a marvellous sheet in 1/48th. :wub: Unfortunately they are not really focusing on large scale to say the least...

However, at last, they decided to enlarge it to release it soon in 1/32! Time will tell but I'm ready to bet they will quickly sell them. Yepeeee!

:m0152:

11 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

At last!!! :frantic:

I proposed that topic years ago to two decal producers. One was not interested and the other delayed eternally such a release. On the other side Furball had released a marvellous sheet in 1/48th. :wub: Unfortunately they are not really focusing on large scale to say the least...

However, at last, they decided to enlarge it to release it soon in 1/32! Time will tell but I'm ready to bet they will quickly sell them. Yepeeee!

:m0152:

Sweet - Thanks!

I really wish they would release more of their stuff in 1/32 - We could really use some of those Super Hornet and Growler "Anthologies"

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Indeed. This is even more obvious for the Growler!

Agreed - there are some pretty cool Growlers out there but hardly anything is available in 1/32. I actually bought one of their sets in 1/48 thinking I would make some paint masks from them in 1/32

7 hours ago, John1 said:

Sweet, my “Hometown” squadron, the now defunct VMA-322 gets some love in both A-4E and TA-4J versions.   Now to figure out if there are any decent A-4E kits out there.  

The Trumpeter kit is globally Ok. Various small stupid things to correct here and there (too short rudder, too thick vortex generators and items to remove on the nose) but not a big deal except the LG. However, there is a very nice Aires set correcting that. Add a resin seat or cockpit and you get a quite good replica. Obviously you can go further with things such as

improved pylons, more detailed exhaust, vortex generators, corrected windshield or better weapons.

7 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The Trumpeter kit is globally Ok. Various small stupid things to correct here and there (too short rudder, too thick vortex generators and items to remove on the nose) but not a big deal except the LG. However, there is a very nice Aires set correcting that. Add a resin seat or cockpit and you get a quite good replica. Obviously you can go further with things such as

improved pylons, more detailed exhaust, vortex generators, corrected windshield or better weapons.

Any idea how one could fix those vortex generators?   The thought of trying to sand them down to a more realistic thickness makes my head throb. 

Wasn't someone else working on a large scale Scooter? 

45 minutes ago, John1 said:

Any idea how one could fix those vortex generators?   The thought of trying to sand them down to a more realistic thickness makes my head throb. 

Reskit already sorted that one out..

https://reskit-models.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5516&search=A-4&page=4

Jetmads are set to release a 1/18 Skyhawk 

Edited by Zola25

4 hours ago, John1 said:

Actually this is not that difficult if you do this by batch with a square section jeweller file. Moreover Eduard and Reskit released corrected ones. So there is even a plan B in case of failure.

Alas, I did not hear anything about a new kit.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:51 PM, John1 said:

Sweet, my “Hometown” squadron, the now defunct VMA-322 gets some love in both A-4E and TA-4J versions.   Now to figure out if there are any decent A-4E kits out there.  

Won't be much of a stretch to get a Mike out of that sheet for the Gamecocks too John.  Might have a few of them on some show tables coming up...

10 hours ago, zerosystem said:

Won't be much of a stretch to get a Mike out of that sheet for the Gamecocks too John.  Might have a few of them on some show tables coming up...

Hey Zero, can’t remember if you are a local guy or not but if you’re interested in NAS SoWey, there are a couple of FB pages which have lots of awesome pics.   Worth checking out. I was thinking the same thing about doing a Mike since it sounded like someone was working on a new tool kit.