Thoughts about Possible Future Kotare Releases - NOT a wishlist

MikeC

2 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Just read above 

Echoing two comments observations 

if they are not doing engines where does that place Hellcat, Zero etc

P38, bf110 and Beaufighter worthy suggestions and possible but a long way off. Remember as far as is known they don’t have a wealthy backer like Wingnuts. 

A Zero engine I guess wouldn’t be that much a stretch. If they were going to take over some of the Hasegawa catalogue as suggested. 
And yes well done chaps on keeping the thread virtually wish list free!

Yes, exactly, so once they've modelled the Bristol Hercules radial engine we could have a Beaufighter, Wellington or Halifax.

Tony

On 1/23/2024 at 12:59 AM, MikeC said:

What is it, then? On what basis do you think a relatively new model company are likely to produce this?  Is it going to make money for them? 

There are two chances of a Waco YMF-5 being produced by anyone: A slim chance and no chance (and Slim's out of town...):D

It was just a joke Mike.

Kind regards

Paul

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

Yes, exactly, so once they've modelled the Bristol Hercules radial engine we could have a Beaufighter, Wellington or Halifax.

Tony

If they get to a point where they can release something as large as a Wellington or a Halifax, then things will have gone amazingly well for them.

With that being said, you all better keep buying everything they release.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

5 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

If they get to a point where they can release something as large as a Wellington or a Halifax, then things will have gone amazingly well for them.

With that being said, you all better keep buying everything they release.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

My comments were tongue-in-cheek. Even a single radial-engined plane is maybe two years into the future, if it's on the Kotare road map. Not sure they will ever go beyond twin-engined aircraft.

For all I know Kotare will follow a healthy line-up of bread & butter types like the Spitfires and Bf 109s with their esoteric favourite, which might be a Ki-61 II-Kai or a Grumman Duck. The brand name will sell the kit, even if the subject is not in people's top-ten. 

Tony 

5 hours ago, Archimedes said:

There are two chances of a Waco YMF-5 being produced by anyone: A slim chance and no chance (and Slim's out of town...):D

It was just a joke Mike.

Kind regards

Paul

No problems Paul, I'm just a little bit paranoid about about the thread wandering off, as I'm genuinely interested to know what other people think is likely to be a candidate for production at some stage. :) As an aside, it's made me realise what a tough job the mods have.

The ironic thing is that I'd probably have one of these, as there is one (it's called a Travel Air something, but it looks the same, complete with a side-by-side front cockpit) based at Shuttleworth where I volunteer.

21 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

It's a bit of a rough line to walk, since it does slightly open up to peoples wishes for what they want Kotare to make and not what they think Kotare will make.

I think we'd all appreciate keeping the thread to the latter.

I believe it's indicative of the calibre of the people who populate this forum, by and large class acts. Quite unlike what you may find elsewhere[my observations]

6 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

Boy, could you imagine a 1/32 P-38 from Kotare? I'd likely pee a little.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I'd prefer one from Zoukie Mura, it's a subject which would really benefit from an internal wing structure, and the more extensive the better. It would certainly be a popular subject, especially if it was an early mark.

56 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

It's a bit of a rough line to walk, since it does slightly open up to peoples wishes for what they want Kotare to make and not what they think Kotare will make.

I think we'd all appreciate keeping the thread to the latter.

Agreed. It’s an exercise in Wishlist impulse control. I think anything more than one engine at this point falls into that category. 

on another note makes you think about what it would take to start and continue a modelling company. Have to take a hat off to manus like ICM, Roden for the variety and accuracy or recent of kits despite a war going on. And small operations like Copper State, Dora, ZM etc. Even Airfix is retooling and bringing out interesting stuff (although not in 1/32). Then you have a company like Tamiya and Eduard who sets the standard. And now Chinese companies like Meng, Great Wall, HK, Border all improving. 

Edited by Pup7309

34 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Agreed. It’s an exercise in Wishlist impulse control. I think anything more than one engine at this point falls into that category. 

on another note makes you think about what it would take to start and continue a modelling company. Have to take a hat off to manus like ICM, Roden for the variety and accuracy or recent of kits despite a war going on. And small operations like Copper State, Dora, ZM etc. Even Airfix is retooling and bringing out interesting stuff (although not in 1/32). Then you have a company like Tamiya and Eduard who sets the standard. And now Chinese companies like Meng, Great Wall, HK, Border all improving. 

I agree ! Airfix has really stepped up , their Gannet and Buccaneer are first rate and good fit to boot, though they won't ever go 32nd.There's a lot of action going on in 48th, I'm hoping that some bleeds over to 32nd or 24th. Agreed on the Chinese companies , though Border needs to get their act together on their instructions they got the moldings down pretty good]. I see Kotare being the one to beat in the future, they're kicking it.

30 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I agree ! Airfix has really stepped up , their Gannet and Buccaneer are first rate and good fit to boot, though they won't ever go 32nd.There's a lot of action going on in 48th, I'm hoping that some bleeds over to 32nd or 24th. Agreed on the Chinese companies , though Border needs to get their act together on their instructions they got the moldings down pretty good]. I see Kotare being the one to beat in the future, they're kicking it.

For sure

Ok gave it some thought 

These are what I think they might bring out as the wildcard after 4-5 mainstreams (109, 190, Spit, Stang etc). These fit the need 2020’s update, interesting not too complex category 

Stuka 
Lysander
CAC Boomerang (ok it’s Aussie not Kiwi) 

Me 262

Maybe ki-43 or other Japanese fighter

IF they go two engines after this then smaller two engine like

Bf110

ki 46 Dinah

Maybe Beaufighter 

Despite it being well done, an early zero without moving parts and an example in Auckland is a fair possibility 

Edited by Pup7309