Williams Brothers Seversky P-35 Silver Wings 1:32

shadowmare

Hi guys!

Vintage kit, if you know old Special Hobby kits it's something like this (for pain enthusiasts), not counting raised panel lines and lack of details. One adventage is that it reminds this old funny bird. I used Gunze SM II + C series metallics and AK polished alluminium (which goes under your fingers). Modulation and grinding tool used for making working surface effects.

SgYe9or.jpeg

8sVfqvO.jpeg

2su2X78.jpeg

RWcLddj.jpeg

9 hours ago, levier said:

Very nice job… I built one a few years back and painted it in metallic green/ yellow race colors.  Found it went together fairly nicely, no serious fit issues.

Cockpit framing not adhering fuselage halves resolving in gaps, bottom flaps, air intakes not fitting, no cowling for pursuit so you need to make recesses for gun barrels but biggest problem was pursuit canopy which totally not matching fuselage. I made few old Hasegawa kits from 70ties and they are much better. 

11 hours ago, petrov27 said:

Very nice build and great finish - love what you have done here.

I still have great fondness for the Williams Brothers kits - still great racers and unusual subjects even now

Yeah but 3D printing is growing and evolving so fast, so I think that these subjects will appear sooner or later in decent quality level.

12 hours ago, petrov27 said:

I still have great fondness for the Williams Brothers kits - still great racers and unusual subjects even now

What I like the most in Williams Bros kits is the instruction sheet. Very instructive with quality drawings, they’ve never been excelled.
I bought the Williams Seversky at its release then sold it years ago when I stopped modelling. A few months ago, I found a used one at a modelling show for 10 euro. It’s been resting on its shelf since. Now seeing your excellent build, I’m wondering if its time has finally come after all! :P

12 hours ago, quang said:

What I like the most in Williams Bros kits is the instruction sheet. Very instructive with quality drawings, they’ve never been excelled.
I bought the Williams Seversky at its release then sold it years ago when I stopped modelling. A few months ago, I found a used one at a modelling show for 10 euro. It’s been resting on its shelf since. Now seeing your excellent build, I’m wondering if its time has finally come after all! :P

Definitely agree with that - I LOVE the instruction sheet/drawing that come with the kits - the Gee Bee Z in particular was a favorite. I have a very old boxing of that kit now I want to dig it out lol....

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 4:29 AM, shadowmare said:

Hi guys!

Vintage kit, if you know old Special Hobby kits it's something like this (for pain enthusiasts), not counting raised panel lines and lack of details. One adventage is that it reminds this old funny bird. I used Gunze SM II + C series metallics and AK polished alluminium (which goes under your fingers). Modulation and grinding tool used for making working surface effects.

Nice!

May I post it on the website?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

• 3 months later...