Barracuda Needs Your Help

John1

Had an interaction with a vendor who makes AM for WWI model planes several months back. I could sense the anguish in his comments about business, and tried to cheer him up. However, I really did get the sense that the demise of Wingnut had sealed his fate. Modelers can pick and choose who to order from, but I've got a feeling that MANY of these gentlemen are in REAL trouble in terms of sales and financial viability.

Edited by ivanmoe

A shame he is struggling but as someone else said his product line is pretty stale (from a LSP point of view), and i don’t think he has moved quickly enough into the world of 3DP

The LSP world is ultimately pretty small in the grand scheme of things, and its aftermarket world even smaller, so you need to ride whatever waves you can

On 7/1/2023 at 8:20 AM, MikeMaben said:

I don't think Roy masters all the stuff he sells. When I used to bug him about the Hurricane wheels,

he was waiting on someone else's 'input' .

That is indeed correct

there was talk of a FAA Corsair conversion but that has yet to materialise; now, I’ll still buy one if / when it finally sees the light of day, but the time to release that was surely when Tamiya was launching those kits?

always easy from the outside looking in, of course; I hope he can see out the tough times

Nick