1/35 CH-54 Items

AnthonyWan

Brass undercarriage is in the works, hopefully they will be available in a few weeks. Kit parts in brass with some refined scissor links will be 3D printed. May look at undercarriage alternatives later.

Cockpit upgrade is not my line, there will be loads done by others, I cannot even come close completing with 3D printed parts and Eduard type range.

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I just want to see a conversion set for the Erickson water bombers.

I've had a mold for the pilots and co-pilots bubble windows for awhile now, just waiting on the door shape of the kit since its all one piece.

A conversation would be cool, but I'm doing a heavy lift machine they do use for fires, but without the giant water tank. I'm hoping they make a set that has the tank itself separate, that may save me from having to scratch build a lot of things.

I was told in Hannants London the other day, this kit has gone straight in at the top of Big H's best-sellers list. Another well-known UK model-seller told me that every CH-54 he ordered had sold-out, two days after he received them.  

Not bad for a huge kit of a little known subject, eh? 

I would diplomatically point this out to all those posters who've implied that big-scale aircraft kits are a dying breed. It looks like it's a case of "produce the right subject and the modelling-community will buy them".

Cheers. 

Chris.  

17 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

I've had a mold for the pilots and co-pilots bubble windows for awhile now, just waiting on the door shape of the kit since its all one piece.

A conversation would be cool, but I'm doing a heavy lift machine they do use for fires, but without the giant water tank. I'm hoping they make a set that has the tank itself separate, that may save me from having to scratch build a lot of things.

Was chatting with Ali about the possibility of a conversion set to make the S-64 version of the Skycranes... You'd have to tackle the "squared" tail and landing gear mounts - I think they're the originals, just without the rounded aerodynamic covers and with steps added, "dual wheel" main landing gear, additional details around the engines, on the fuselage sides (look like covers for the cabling) and the obvious fire tank (sea snorkel, pond hose)... and some of the newer S64s have carbon fiber rotor blades and a cool "water cannon" on the front too! 

There is also the (super small) possibility ICM decides to release that as an OOB version... I can hope right? :lol:

Edited by AnthonyWan

Anthony, well here is a timeous reply I got earlier

I have a very strong feeling that a S-64 will follow, here below is a reply via messenger today 22 March from ICM

Hi, Alistair! Thank you for your interest in our kits and for your questions.

I will pass this information on to our Design Department for consideration.

Regarding the Erickson S-64, we are thinking about it. But we can't yet give exact information about our plans for 2024.

Here's a list of models that will be released in 2023:

https://icm.com.ua/catalog-2023/