F-15DJ Aggressor - Finished.

Stokey Pete

Well, it’s got to that point where I can consider it ready to wheel to the paint shop. I’m leaving the intake openings off the build until I’ve painted the camouflage on the side of the nose. Makes my life a whole bunch easier with the masking of the pattern. Same with the vertical and horizontal stab’s. 

52623496150_554f87d104_b.jpg

The cockpit has been constructed with very little real effort going into it. My aim is to be marvelling at the exterior paintwork, rather than the sins lurking in the ‘pit.

I’m pressing the pause button for a couple of weeks. I’ve gotta work out how I’m going to approach the splinter paintwork, trying to get the instruction sheet enlarged to create some sort of masking templates. 
made to that, I’m going to attempt to either mask, or use templates, to produce the grey areas where decals will be placed.

13 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I’m pressing the pause button for a couple of weeks. I’ve gotta work out how I’m going to approach the splinter paintwork, trying to get the instruction sheet enlarged to create some sort of masking templates. 
made to that, I’m going to attempt to either mask, or use templates, to produce the grey areas where decals will be placed.

Hi Pete

There is a masking set available if you are interested.. http://www.advmodprds.com/am32-113.html - only $20.00

/Niels

12 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

Hi Pete

There is a masking set available if you are interested.. http://www.advmodprds.com/am32-113.html - only $20.00

/Niels

And THIS, is why I love these forums. I’d never have known that this product existed.

Thank you Niels, I think you’ve just rescued my sanity. 

41 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

And THIS, is why I love these forums. I’d never have known that this product existed.

Thank you Niels, I think you’ve just rescued my sanity. 

Anytime ^_^

While I await the arrival of the masking set. I suppose I better make some progress on the finishing touches. I made a start on the exhaust nozzles. 
The actuator arms are a little fiddly, not help by my taking a bit too much material from the ends of the nozzles. This made them a fraction shorter, and as such, each arm had to be shaved down by a tiny amount. So far they’ve had a coat of black gloss, and MRP Steel. 

52633761399_cafb021884_b.jpg