F-15DJ Aggressor - Finished.

Stokey Pete

So much for giving a couple of days break. I did the overspray touch ups, and the correction of the alignments between colours. To the point that I think I’m calling the camouflage part done. 
Next on the agenda, is to start picking out the grey areas. 
To sum up the experience with the masking set….it took a bit of thought, a lot of patience, and a bit of deciphering from the instructions. Some of the measurement reference points were wrong, leading to scratching heads when placed in seemingly wrong positions. 

52701473965_bab83829dc_b.jpg

I couldn’t resist dry fitting everything. To get a sense of the overall job. 

2 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Are you watching movies while you work? :popcorn: - Don´t think I could focus if I did that..

/Niels

I have them as background noise more than anything. Usually my favourite movies that don’t really require my actually watching. 

4 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Started to pick out some of the grey panels that aren’t covered by the decal sheet, and painting edges of surfaces according to my reference photos. It would appear that the Japanese printed the entire manual directly onto the jet! 

52703821287_587c9542c7_b.jpg

HaHa that does not surprise me AT ALL :mental: I used to make fluorescent light bulbs that went to Japan. They had a rule that the label stamped on the bulb had to be positioned facing down and you had to be able to read the lettering on it from the floor when looking up. I totally understand all their labeling of the Eagle, maybe lol

When I first started to digest the scheme, I was a bit tentative about the execution. I wasn’t certain the colours worked, or how well the masking set would behave. Now I’m deeper into it, I can say those misgivings were unfounded. I’m having so much fun putting this together now. The intricate masking is therapeutic. Seeing each addition bringing it closer to the finish line is exciting. 

I’m ripping through the last of the base coat paintwork. Just the metallics to come after this before I start some weathering work. 

Underside camouflage finished and covered. 

52706345032_e04b3c7cf5_b.jpg

Peeled, and with no paint loss once again. 

52706344967_5aceaf497a_b.jpg

Where I’m up to with the grey outlines picked out. 
The air brake was an interesting masking session to get right. 

52706870921_865edf7bed_b.jpg

Now, I’m off to seek out those tiny little

overspray/masking line touch ups.