SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - Wingnut Wings

spruebrothers

Orders are being received furiously.  After 1 hour, all items are still in stock except for 1 item.  I guess we got in more than Harald did : *)

FYI - the slight increase in price was caused by the dramatic increase in shipping them here.  Cost of this shipment was more than triple was it was the last time we received WNW.  We ate some of the increase and passed along only part of it.  We are actually netting less per kit than when WNW was in business because of the huge increase in shipping cost.

Edited by spruebrothers

15 minutes ago, spruebrothers said:

Orders are being received furiously.  After 1 hour, all items are still in stock except for 1 item.  I guess we got in more than Harald did : *)

FYI - the slight increase in price was cost by the dramatic increase in shipping them here.  Cost of this shipment was more than triple was it was the last time we received WNW.  We ate some of the increase and passed along only part of it.  We are actually netting less per kit than when WNW was in business because of the huge increase in shipping cost.

Yes, shipping in general insane lately. Just filling a Semi-Truck with Diesel goes into $1,000!

Plus the special circumstances for WNW. Guessing Andy's absorbed it too...

Adding an appreciation to SB the way they managed the sales with emails, allowed me to FINALLY order my wants! :punk:

Edited by phasephantomphixer

1 hour ago, Dennis7423 said:

They are limiting it to only two kits this first go around. While the main WnW page says "Out of Stock", if you click on the particular kit, you can add it to your cart. I snagged a Salmson 2A-2 USAS and a Sopwith Dolphin. Hope the wife doesn't chastise me too bad. Merry Christmas?

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Two kits total, or two kits of the same kit?  This is what it says:

For the first 48 hours, there is a limit of two (2) of each Wingnut Wings item per customer to allow as many people as possible to purchase these rare kits.  

I took the word “each” to mean two of the same kit.  I hope the limit isn’t two total, because I ordered 3 total kits, but they are all different.

35 minutes ago, phasephantomphixer said:

Adding an appreciation to SB the way they managed the sales with emails, allowed me to FINALLY order my wants! :punk:

+1.  I was over at Andy’s right when their pre-sale went live, put two kits in the cart, and by the time I started going to checkout, both were OOS.  The in-stock window of the kits was 2-3 minutes max.

4 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Two kits total, or two kits of the same kit?  This is what it says:

For the first 48 hours, there is a limit of two (2) of each Wingnut Wings item per customer to allow as many people as possible to purchase these rare kits.  

I took the word “each” to mean two of the same kit.  I hope the limit isn’t two total, because I ordered 3 total kits, but they are all different.

I read it as two of the same on each kit page there. I had confirmation on order of two of the same kit.

The limit is each customer can purchase 2 of each kit/SKU.  There are 41 available kits, so a single customer can buy a total of 82 kits (2 of each one).  The limit will be lifted Wed at 4pm CST.

Violators who try to circumvent the limit will have all their orders cancelled (not just what they were over on) - this hopefully will help keep everyone honest.

Also, please note that we are running 2-3 days behind due to the holiday rush and being short-staffed since no one wants to work any more.

HOLIDAY SEASON 2022

Please be aware that during this holiday season, multiple orders will not be combined (orders will ship out as placed), and orders could take an extra day or two longer to ship out (we normally ship all orders out within one business day) due to the significant increase in order volume due to the holidays and being short-staffed (plus the Wingnuts shipment once it arrives).  The staff who have chosen to work are processing through the holiday order volume as fast as possible.  Additionally, there may be a delay in responding to emails and customer service requests.

1 minute ago, spruebrothers said:

The limit is each customer can purchase 2 of each kit/SKU.  There are 41 available kits, so a single customer can buy a total of 82 kits (2 of each one).  The limit will be lifted Wed at 4pm CST.

Violators who try to circumvent the limit will have all their orders cancelled (not just what they were over on) - this hopefully will help keep everyone honest.

Curious, was or is there time given to shrinkwrap each kit box? And if so, any check on completeness?