Choice of Gloves when handling stuff

Greetings Folks

Have realised I #have# to get some gloves when handling clear parts (think turrets) but looking for the collective perspective on latex v cotton v ??

I’ve returned to the hobby in the past year after a 43yr hiatus so mentally am “starting from scratch “ 

All feedback gratefully received 

cheers from Sydney

Nick

Welcome back to the fold, Nick. I should probably wear gloves more often too, but when I do remember to, it's usually either cotton gloves or latex, depending on why I decided to wear them in the first place. Due to getting into 3D printing, I've recently switched from latex to nitrile gloves, and they tend to allow for more fine control over what you're doing. The cotton gloves can limit your dexterity at times. This means I'll mainly wear them when I'm trying to protect a paint finish.

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

The IPA required to clean prints before curing eats latex gloves for dinner (so does lacquer thinner, incidentally), so nitrile is recommended as it's solvent-resistant.

This is exactly the reason I always use my black Nitrile gloves when handling finished models or airbrushing, as a lot of the time when doing the latter I use lacquer. 

10 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Due to getting into 3D printing, I've recently switched from latex to nitrile gloves, and they tend to allow for more fine control over what you're doing. 

Kev

I don't usually wear gloves at all except ditto to what Kev said, same reason.

I use blue nitrille gloves, my hands do get sweaty and i burn right through latex gloves. I only wear one on the left when airbrushing or when handling pre paint, decals and weathering