Trumpeter to release 1/35 Kamov Ka-29 Helix-B in 09/2022

Jan_G

18 hours ago, npb748r said:

it's so ugly I want one. I am worrying I'm turning into a whirlybird fan. My wish list is starting to contain more things without fixed wings and in scales other than 1/32 than I ever expected. Now when will that Skycrane be released  ???   

Ugly I want one too. And… I would like to see some ugly French between the wars twin engine aircraft.  1/32 scale please.  Sorry for topic drift

is this kit available yet?

• 1 month later...

In stock at Sprue Brothers for the eye popping price of $173.  Even with a current 10% Christmas discount, that’s pretty steep.

https://spruebrothers.com/trp05110-1-35-trumpeter-kamov-ka-29-helix-b-helicopter/

Also available on eBay for about $109 shipped, if you don’t mind waiting a couple of months.

Edited by Dave Williams

Received mine yesterday from Megahobby.  Not that many good pictures on the internet, other that some at Airliners, and a walk around at scalemodels.ru

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/photo/viewcat_cid_371.html

For these limited references, the kit looks pretty accurate.  The cockpit and cabin interior seems to match the one in the walk around very well.  Only Russian markings, but there are photos over at Airliners that show a Ukrainian example, so it’s just a matter of someone making decals.  Lots of weapons: bombs, rocket pods, and gun pods, although most photos show rocket pods.  The rotor seems to be designed to be built so they can counter-rotate, but pay attention to what parts of the main shaft assembly are to remain unglued.  The big question I have is building the rear gear, getting it aligned so that all 4 wheels touch the ground and whether it will support the kit in the long run.  A very nice kit of a somewhat unusual helicopter, and likely the only one we’ll ever see in our scale.  

• 2 months later...

Just a note, for the very few who might still have an interest in this kit, Trumpeter messed up the decals for Yellow 38.  On the decal sheet, serial number RF-34194 is in white on one side of the tail boom and in black on the other side.  I’m guessing they had pictures of both sides, but didn’t realize they were taken at different times, with a subtle markings shift in between.  Before the Russian flags were added to the rudders, the serial number was in white on both sides.  When the flags were added, the serial number was changed to black on both sides.

https://www.airliners.net/search?keywords=RF-34194&sortBy=dateAccepted&sortOrder=desc&perPage=36&display=detail

It’s disappointing as that was the option I had intended to build.

11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Just a note, for the very few who might still have an interest in this kit, Trumpeter messed up the decals for Yellow 38.  On the decal sheet, serial number RF-34194 is in white on one side of the tail boom and in black on the other side.  I’m guessing they had pictures of both sides, but didn’t realize they were taken at different times, with a subtle markings shift in between.  Before the Russian flags were added to the rudders, the serial number was in white on both sides.  When the flags were added, the serial number was changed to black on both sides.

https://www.airliners.net/search?keywords=RF-34194&sortBy=dateAccepted&sortOrder=desc&perPage=36&display=detail

It’s disappointing as that was the option I had intended to build.

In the words of my hero Homer Simpson DOH!