First time purchase direct from Ukraine

cbk57

I saw on Facebook Wingsy Kits said they were shipping, so I assume that means they are taking orders and as such I promptly went to their website ordered two kits and paid for them with no expectation that I will ever receive the kits.  Just did it to support a business I like in Ukraine.  So first time I have ordered something with no expectation of receiving it and my order is defiantly looked at as a donation for which I might or might not get something in return.  

I think many modellers are doing this at the moment, which is an amazing gesture of faith and solidarity, not to mention generosity. And by way of comparison, I ordered a kit from HLJ last year, and it has been sitting on a dock in Japan for nearly 2 months now. I suspect I may never get it, and have no way of finding out what's happening. I may as well have ordered it from Ukraine. I might place an order with BPK in a similar spirit and wish them well.

Kev

I've been  following the proxy war in Ukraine for a long time before the actual invasion began, and I noticed that the Ukrainian Army had some very well designed unit insignia on their shoulder patches, which I collect. I had been watching some ebay auctions by a Ukrainian seller for some patches, and when the invasion began, I went ahead and ordered them, figuring the guy might need the cash. The tracking number was posted on 6 MAR, but it stalled for a long time and I feared the worst for the shipper and the package. Amazingly, they arrived in NY yesterday, a full 20 days from the first tracking post. Still a few days to go to get to me, but I have to hand it to the seller for shipping them in the midst of more important things. Especially considering that he shipped them from LVIV, which was under attack quite recently!! Good show, sir! I hope he's safe!

Tim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...