Rules of the Road

Welcome to The Mighty Eighth over Europe Group Build! This runs from March 1st 2022 to August 31st 2022. The GB covers aircraft that belonged to the 8th Air Force in the European Theatre of combat and their direct opponents.

Our standard rules for eligibility apply: must be an LSP subject, and the kit must be no more than 25% complete at the time of entry.

Join in if you can, and don't forget to have fun!

Kev

My apologies in advance for a very cheeky question.  I imagine the 25% rule applies, and a negative answer will be accepted with good grace, but I thought there would be no harm asking: My P-51D for the "Blue Box" GB didn't get finished, and it's most definitely a Mighty Eighth subject.  Is it possible to switch it to this GB for finishing off?

5 hours ago, MikeC said:

My apologies in advance for a very cheeky question.  I imagine the 25% rule applies, and a negative answer will be accepted with good grace, but I thought there would be no harm asking: My P-51D for the "Blue Box" GB didn't get finished, and it's most definitely a Mighty Eighth subject.  Is it possible to switch it to this GB for finishing off?

Sorry, Mike - that's stretching the 25% rule a bit far!

Kev

Well, I'm 1 for 3 on completing group builds, but I give it a go. 

How about a Hasegawa  Bubble top Jug done up as Gabreski's mount? It's the only 8th AF airplane I have. I've been contemplating the build for a while now. Gabreski's plane has been done to death, but I don't have one in my collection. Besides that...invasion stripes on a P-47 look awesome.:punk:

2 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Anybody can guide me to a list of applicable arcraft for this GB?  Have 3 assignments to fnish for the O.U.this month, so not much time for researchng this myself.

Thanks in advance.

I would also appreciate such a list!

I don´t have time nor space for a bomber, Is there anything besides P-51 Mustang, P-47 Thunderbolt or P-38 Lightning?

Cheers!

Stefan :beer:

For the "Little Friends", there's plenty of inspiration on the website of the same name http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/ .

Another useful site, although you will have to filter a bit, is the IWM's "American Air Museum in Britain" site https://www.americanairmuseum.com/

As for other aircraft, the 8th operated a few OA-10s (Catalinas) if you happen to have an HPH, ID or Tigger kit.  There were also a few liaison types, but I'm not sure atm of kit availability.

HTH.

2 hours ago, Phantom2 said:

I would also appreciate such a list!

I don´t have time nor space for a bomber, Is there anything besides P-51 Mustang, P-47 Thunderbolt or P-38 Lightning?

Cheers!

I think a few groups may have flown Spitfires early on, but yeah it’s pretty much P-51, P-47, and P-38.  B-17 and B-24 for bombers.  There may have been a few other aircraft in limited use, but you may have to hunt for the proper kits and markings.

Meh, too limited and too few aircraft types for me, I think I´ll skip this GB!

Three days and not one buildtread started yet, It have never happend before....    :unsure:

But Thanks anyway, mates! :D

Cheers!

Edited by Phantom2

16 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Darn, I don't have any USAAF aircraft; looks like I may be buying a kit though. 

Ernest 

I hope someone else jumps in. So far, I'm feeling like a pretty small group!