IBG P.11C

Uncarina

Paint!

OLNR6RX.jpg

GDAhHuN.jpg

Md93AOR.jpg

F9mFdPf.jpg

om7WTMQ.jpg

I prime most of my models these days with Tamiya AS-12 because it has good adhesion, reveals flaws, and I can use it to simulate metal if I selectively sand back the topcoat. I added a preshade of Tamiya Rubber Black along panel lines and by mottling; I also used a lighter color for the mottling. I sprayed the underside of the wings and tailplane with MRP RLM -76, and the rest with MRP RLM-81. In each case I filled in the areas between the panel lines first, then gradually filled in the remaining areas until everything looked right. So far I have built everything without modification, but I did add rivets to the cowling per references. Two weeks after starting and it's almost done!

Cheers,  Tom

I made a little more progress by painting the cowling with a combination of Vallejo Burnt Iron Metal Color and Rust. I plan to weather it with a combination of stippling and pastels but I think it's a good starting point. In these photos the wing is just placed into position; I won't be attaching it until I've added all markings and weathering.

CS9Rg11.jpg

y2G5LnD.jpg

...and after a wee bit of weathering:

i4eGfv5.jpg

umLGf7Q.jpg

I used a sponge to lightly stipple Vallejo Burnt Iron over the cowling, then followed this with an application of Tamiya Rust Weathering Pastel feathered in.

Cheers,  Tom

Edited by Uncarina

23 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Looks great, Tom!

Kev

Thanks Kevin! I hadn’t used a sponge to apply metallic paint before but I’m pretty happy.

12 minutes ago, Flight Line Media said:

Nice weathering, Tom!

Thanks, I appreciate it! This is one of my favorite parts of a build.

Cheers,  Tom