Blood & Chrome Galactica

spacewolf

Hey all.. it's been a while. I'm off on a new adventure ! Back a year or so ago I hear of a chap who was going to bring out a large Galactica from the 2004 series. When I then found out that he was doing it up as well as the Blood and Chrome parts I just had to have it !! https://www.dynamicdigitalcreations.com/

The kit is cast resin with some printed parts and is an impressive size.. 1.25 bigger than the Moebius kit.

n9OzDkb.jpg

JuuujXC.jpg

Lots and lots and LOTS of parts..

sxrWmoP.jpg

t9491k6.jpg

zOZg0bH.jpg

...and these shots don't show the B & C extras.. !!

So.. I'm going for the up armored, up gunned version from the first Cylon war... Galactica is brand new..

0adyO8m.png

So here we go.... the madness begins !!... follow along if you wish, comments and constructive criticism are most welcome.

7 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Looks like a pretty cool project, Vaughn! And welcome back, by the way. What's the "Blood and Chrome" thing all about?

Kev

Blood & Chrome is sort of a prequel to the main story. The 2004 series is set 40 years after the Cylon war, Galactica is being retired and turned into a museum, most of her armor and guns removed to service active ships. In the B & C story we meet a young Bill Adama, fresh out of the academy on his first active posting and the brand new Galactica, fully armored and bristling with weapons. They use Vipers and Raptors as well but older, bulkier versions., Cylons use modified Raiders that still look a lot like the 1978 show and the Base Stars are in transition from the double discs to the double star we see in the 2004 show.

Thanks, Vaughn. I'm only really familiar with the original series, having recently re-watched it for the first time since it was in TV! Am yet to catch up with the later series (though I do intend to).

Kev

Just now, LSP_Kevin said:

Thanks, Vaughn. I'm only really familiar with the original series, having recently re-watched it for the first time since it was in TV! Am yet to catch up with the later series (though I do intend to).

Kev

It's far better than the original (in my opinion) and being set in post 911 it deals with a lot of the things going on in our world at the time, racism, torture, divided loyalties,... it is dark, dirty and edge of your seat stuff.

2 minutes ago, spacewolf said:

It's far better than the original (in my opinion) and being set in post 911 it deals with a lot of the things going on in our world at the time, racism, torture, divided loyalties,... it is dark, dirty and edge of your seat stuff.

I did start to watch the newer one when it first aired, but couldn't get into it, and didn't see out more than an episode or two.

Kev

5 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I did start to watch the newer one when it first aired, but couldn't get into it, and didn't see out more than an episode or two.

Kev

Some folks hated it, some couldn't get into it, some loved it. That's the way this wacky world goes ! Just like modeling, some are into cars, or trains, or aircraft.. takes all kinds and we all live in a better modeling world because of it.

33 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

Give it a second try! I’m currently watching it again, halfway though season 2.

I have to say that I totally forgot about Blood and Chrome and never saw it. But, SW…..this is going to be a cool build, and BIG.

2 hours ago, spacewolf said:

Some folks hated it, some couldn't get into it, some loved it.

2 hours ago, Brett M said:

Give it a second try!

I plan to do just that, actually. Now that I've rewatched the original series and exorcised the nostalgia bug, I'm keen to give the newer series a second chance - and happy to have discovered that it's currently on Amazon Prime!

Kev

It's not a bad show. The ships are much better than the original IMO - except the Galatica herself. I still think the original one is the more aggressive looking ship in regards to her stance. 

I'd like to get the kit in this thread but $675 is probably a tad to expensive for me. I shall enjoy watching your build come together. Talk about making a reapperance!