A brief diversion v2

RLWP

While waiting for parts for my current project, I was looking for something to do. My Shelf of Doom projects didn't appeal, and staring a new aeroplane would be a disaster. So I'm doing something different:

DSCF1692.JPG

From here: https://currell.net/models/v2.htm

It's 1/32 scale, it flies - should be OK for an LSP build then. Right?

Richard

2 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I always thought if the item was piloted, WiP was OK, but if un-piloted, it went into the non-LSP section.

To be honest, I didn't stop to look at the subject matter, only that it was a paper/card kit. So in that sense you're probably right, and we should probably move it. I hope you're OK with that, Richard!

Kev

K2 is correct. We made that determination during my V2 build a few years back but if I recall it wasn't based on having a pilot vs not, it was based on it being a missile once lit was a one way ride to explode, not much different than a bullet. 

A moderator conundrum! Norty me...

:goodjob:

I was in two minds where this should go, I thought I'd try pushing the boundaries. And of course, it doesn't matter either way. My aim is to have fun while waiting for parts for my Nieuport!

Richard

Hmm, piloted V2 rockets - time for a bit of Googling..

8 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

K2 is correct. We made that determination during my V2 build a few years back but if I recall it wasn't based on having a pilot vs not, it was based on it being a missile once lit was a one way ride to explode, not much different than a bullet. 

I love a conundrum!:

GPN-2002-000162.jpg

The Soviet V-190 project, two cosmonauts in a capsule on top of a modified V2. I don't think they would have had any control of the rocket - neither did the Mercury astronauts. Most of the rocket was strictly one way - the cosmonauts would return by parachute

Without being tasteless, the WW2 Japanese Okha were definitely a one way ride piloted aeroplane

Or what about reusable target drones?

800px-MQM107E.jpg

I love grey areas - they make hard and fast rules so difficult!

And... I'm completely fine with how the moderators are doing their job and where this thread is put. 

Richard

2 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

I read the title and wondered what was version 1 of a brief distraction ???  :BANGHEAD2:

That's where I went wrong, too!

2 hours ago, Panzerwomble said:

F3.jpg

What the heck is that? I love it!

Kev

57 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That's where I went wrong, too!

What the heck is that? I love it!

Kev

Upside down biplane

Richard 

4 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Upside down biplane

Richard 

One of Blackburn's Finest obviously :)

Blackburn F3 1934   ......so advanced .....compared to the Me109 or the Hawker Hurricane both of which first flew in 1935 ...not sure it even got off the ground much . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_F.3