Felixstowe F.2A (1/32, Wingnut Wings)

PrzemoL

And one more model to show here, built 6 years ago, just after the kit was released in NZ to the overall shock of WW1 aircraft modelling community. Wingnut Wings designed the kit which despite its dimensions and intricacies was/is the enginnering marvel. IMHO their best kit and very probably the best plastic injection kit I have ever seen. I have used the late version to model the N4297 - built by Saunders as the early version, delivered to Felixstowe in May 1918. In summer it was converted to the late open-cockpit version, fitted with balanced ailerons and painted in blue-white pattern. In November (?) it was photographed in a pretty worn state with incomplete upper wing roundels and traces of exchange/repainting of ailerons and upper starboard wing. This is the state I tried to depict in my model. It was still in Felixstowe in January 1919.

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Edited by PrzemoL

Thank you very much.

10 hours ago, airea said:

With a better lighting, background and photography, I would think this should the actual aircraft. Very nice detailing and paint execution...

Well, I have to agree, the photos here could be better, especially the background. But is was not easy to photograph this behemoth - 91cm span...

36 minutes ago, europapete said:

hhmmm.......why am I the only one who can't see the pictures? Will try on my PC later, rather than this phone. :hmmm:

I have just moved the photos to another hosting server. I hope now they are visible.