Tornado Aftermarket a catch all thread

Scotsman

11 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

That doesn’t look like the SPACE set.  That looks like the standard color PE set.  The SPACE set is 3D printed decals.

Hi Dave you are correct, looks like I received the wrong set so been in touch and all sorted.

Hi a word of warning if using the following decal sheet, if as I intend to build the cammo bird ZG752 you can't use the Italeri sheet. ZG752 is carrying the old style high vis stencil/warning markings and pink taileron settings which are not included in the Xtradecal sheet so you need the Revell GR1 sheet.20210309-141825.jpg

20190124-114438-002.jpg

Just got the Eduard SPACE cockpit set, and have to say that I’m a little underwhelmed.  Compared to similar 3D printed sets from Quinta Studios and Red Fox Studios, the height of the raised switches and knobs is lower than on the other two sets.  If the straight PE set is 2D and the QS/RFS sets are 3D, the Eduard set is more like 2.5D, if that makes sense.  The added steel seat belts and PE is nice and the price is competitive, but I’m hoping that QS or RFS comes out with their own set.

9 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Just got the Eduard SPACE cockpit set, and have to say that I’m a little underwhelmed.  Compared to similar 3D printed sets from Quinta Studios and Red Fox Studios, the height of the raised switches and knobs is lower than on the other two sets.  If the straight PE set is 2D and the QS/RFS sets are 3D, the Eduard set is more like 2.5D, if that makes sense.  The added steel seat belts and PE is nice and the price is competitive, but I’m hoping that QS or RFS comes out with their own set.

If you are underwhelmed by the Eduard SPACE set, you would really be disappointed by the Kitsworld release. I now have both and I now really hoping Quinta delivers.

2 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Gotta say, I’m a bit more convinced by the look of that set than I have been by others. Looks good. 

I have both the Kitsworld and the Eduard sets. 

Kitsworld is not very 3D at all.

Eduard is a better option in my opinion and I'll use it on one of my builds.