Tornado Aftermarket a catch all thread

Scotsman

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 1:48 AM, Dave Williams said:

Now we just need some enterprising resinsmith to make the adapters, and we should be good to go!

I'm also mystified why Eduard didn't include the angled adapters in their beautiful 1:32 Brimstone missile set. 

Anyway, here you go...  Tim Perry of Flying Start Models has stepped up with these important little mountings, so you can now fully arm your Tonka.  The adapters are available from Tim through the Flying Start Models Facebook page - £5 a set, plus postage. Tim's set has a whole Tornados-worth, two fronts, two backs, and a spare of each in case you break one! Extra holes are included so you can drill and pin these assemblies into place. Designed to fit exactly into the Italeri belly bomb rails, (but I understand will fit the Revell ones with a bit of trimming).

190571294_331864805177068_68320344403199

Hope that helps

Rich

34 minutes ago, RichG said:

I'm also mystified why Eduard didn't include the angled adapters in their beautiful 1:32 Brimstone missile set. 

Anyway, here you go...  Tim Perry of Flying Start Models has stepped up with these important little mountings, so you can now fully arm your Tonka.  The adapters are available from Tim through the Flying Start Models Facebook page - £5 a set, plus postage. Tim's set has a whole Tornados-worth, two fronts, two backs, and a spare of each in case you break one! Extra holes are included so you can drill and pin these assemblies into place. Designed to fit exactly into the Italeri belly bomb rails, (but I understand will fit the Revell ones with a bit of trimming).

Hope that helps

Rich

Yep, just paid the invoice from Tim and my sets should be on the way, along with a couple of LITENING pods.  Eduard Sky Shadows on the way from Sprue Brothers.

• 1 month later...

For those contemplating a Granby GR-1 get yourself a copy 

Tornado

It's excellent , documenting the build up to Granby, the missions losses and the experiences of the crews who were shot down. Frankly if, after finishing it you don't want to build a GR-1 there's something wrong!

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2021 at 11:24 AM, RichG said:

Hope that helps

Rich

Does Tim have a new Facebook page?  The link doesn't lead to a page anymore and I couldn't find anything searching for Flying Start

On 8/26/2021 at 1:06 AM, zerosystem said:

Does Tim have a new Facebook page?  The link doesn't lead to a page anymore and I couldn't find anything searching for Flying Start

Not sure what happened with Facebook but Tim also has an account / posts on here I think as @wunwinglow

Hope that helps

Rich