F4U - 1A Corsair

Chris,

Brilliant weathering...how did you achieve the exhaust staining? The effects are very subtle and convincing. Well done, I'm looking forward to seeing the completed model.

Best regards

Derek

Thanks Brian, Kevin, Murph & Derek! :lol: :lol:

Next on the list... hmm... i think i have to throw the dices again, as i have a few projects i could start now...

Perhaps i add more oil leaking to it, more darker oil instead of sanding away.

I have a set of Obscureco Wheels in order.

The first antenna was from streched sprue and the springs from fine copper wire. Unfortunately the sprue wasn´t strong enough to resist the Alclad, with which i painted it. It was unfixable damaged. So i made a new one, all from copper wire and it is already installed. Pics comming when all is done.

The exhaust staining as well as the gun smoke were done by Tamiya weathering powder in the colors black, light brown and white.

Thanks much once again mates!!

Cheers,

Chris

Well that's it - I'm get'n me one of those! I've been holding off on the Trump Corsair because it just didn't look quite right. The fixes are in and you've demonstrated that this kit can be saved - and mastered!! I'm inspired and the order's going in today.

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Cheers.

:) Thanks mates! B)

Woodman,

don´t forget to order the Aires cockpit and wheel wells as well. They make things much easyer...

Cheers,

Chris

Oh yeah.... all the bells and whistles! I'll even go for one of 18 cylider wachamacallits on the front end. :huh:

Cheers.