F4U - 1A Corsair

Chris - WOW!!!

It's fantastic! Such gorgeous painting... I am humbled indeed. May I ask what decals you used? They look really crisp.

Can't wait to see the finishing touches! Just beautiful! WOW! Ten thumbs up ;) :lol: :lol: !!!

Thanks as always for sharing;

Jimbo

Guest LSP_Jay L

Superb Job Chris! Really nice shading effects mate. Great decalling job as well.

Cheers mate,

Jay

Chris Great Job on the paint so far You are really flying on this build, much more along in the build than I am , I have decided to rebuild the entire cockpit of mine and it is almost done I'll have some pics of it up soon. That and I am still waiting on the birdcage conversion kit to come in from LoneStar models.

What type of masking are you using?

The Color of your paint is spot on! Good job!

Cheers Murph...

Not just changes in 'value' by the looks Chris but totally different colours for your shading. Its really working for you. I can see the 'J' factor influence :D and I think it creates a much more 'interesting' model to look at.

Its looking fantastic of course.

Cheers mate

Matty

Wow Chris, what a fruitful weekend. That is some great painting you have there. Very well done indeed my friend. I hope that mine will look as good when painted. i take so long to build the model I would not have touched the airbrush for quite some time. Well done indeed, can;t wait to see it finished.

Thanks a lot guys! :D Glad you like it!

Jimbo,

of corse. That are Cutting Edge Decals 32037 which i got from Ray and Brian (Thanks again for that). They are really great. I was surprised how good it was to work with.

Murph,

can´t wait to see yours mate! For masking i use always paper tissues covered with Revell Color Stop, similar to Maskol. For the clear parts i use Parafilm. A bit tricky sometimes, but it always payed off for me.

Brian,

i´m sure yours will look much better then my one <_<

Thanks much again guys!

Chris

hi chris!

the fadded look of the colors is something i really like. the marking on the wings are looking super. very good idea of yours to lighten them with white. the effect comes out totally realistic. its not easy to make a nearly singlecolored camo look interesting. with this paintjob you have mastered the task. looking forward to see the further progress.

yours klaus