1/32 HK Models Lancaster B Mk.I Nose Art Kit RF128/ QB-V Victorious Virgin.

On 1/9/2021 at 9:49 AM, Bomber Command nut said:

Morning Andy

On the cockpit floor I am aware that they are covers for the bomb winches but have you info as to their actual location as I think I would like to add a couple or three  . . .

many thanks 

Ian

I believe there are are six in total and need to make a few more now, I have used various pictures I have and the WnW CAD images and gone from there. I won't add any that won't be seen through like the one under the pilots pedestal.

Regards. Andy 

On 1/9/2021 at 10:03 AM, geedubelyer said:

Hi Andy, neat work. 

The extra detail is sure to enhance the way this kit looks when complete. 

Quick question.....do you anneal your copper wire? 

Hopefully it will make the  detail worthwhile especially when viewed from the rear open fuselage. Sometimes I anneal my wire but depends what I'm doing but on this occasion no I didn't.

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

Some more work done over the weekend detailing the starboard fuselage half. Added junction boxes next to the service panel as well as the fuel gauge panel for the flight engineer. All detailing added with plastic card and Airscale brass details.

20210111-195705.jpg

I then moved on to boxing in the front of the flight engineers side panel and running the wiring in.

20210109-155252.jpg

20210109-155148.jpg

20210109-204943.jpg

20210109-205225.jpg

20210111-203117.jpg

Just the bomb aimers position to detailing now and the onntonthe port side. Pretty happy with progress so far.

Regards.Andy 

Great work Andy!  Question for you!  Your additions are so very clean since you are working on unpainted surfaces.  Do you normally complete your additions prior to painting or do you come to a point where painting becomes necessary as access to the added detail gets more difficult?

18 hours ago, Dadeo911 said:

WOW! Fantastic scratch building.  Very precise.  A pleasure to follow.

Take care,

Chris

Thank you for looking in Chris, very much enjoying this build and having lots of fun adding the extra details

Regards.Andy 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, Wackyracer said:

Superb Andy. I keep dribbling over my kit and thoughts of starting it after reading and looking at your build and all the extras your adding. Keep up the great work.

Aaron

Its definitely a fun build Aaron, fit of the base kit is really good so its just a case of plenty of dry fits as you add extra detail so as not to have any unexpected surprises with paint on!

Regards. Andy 

On 1/12/2021 at 10:59 PM, Thunnus said:

Great work Andy!  Question for you!  Your additions are so very clean since you are working on unpainted surfaces.  Do you normally complete your additions prior to painting or do you come to a point where painting becomes necessary as access to the added detail gets more difficult?

Interesting question John and not really given it much thought before and so thinking about it I normally just keep adding the details prior to painting but if there are parts I can add at a later stage after painting then I will do that. With the Lanc fuselage being so big its a lot easier addingots of details and having easy access for painting.

Regards. Andy 

After a bit of dry fitting this evening I realised that if you are using the Airscale instrument panel a little adjustment is needed to the pilots side panel for it to fit which I'm pretty pleased to come across now while everything is unpainted.

20210113-200117.jpg

and after some adjustment to the plastic 

20210113-205119.jpg

One to keep in mind for anyone using the Airscale set for future reference. 

Regards. Andy