1/32 HK Models Lancaster B Mk.I Nose Art Kit RF128/ QB-V Victorious Virgin.

monthebiff

Great work Andy!  Question for you!  Your additions are so very clean since you are working on unpainted surfaces.  Do you normally complete your additions prior to painting or do you come to a point where painting becomes necessary as access to the added detail gets more difficult?

18 hours ago, Dadeo911 said:

WOW! Fantastic scratch building.  Very precise.  A pleasure to follow.

Take care,

Chris

Thank you for looking in Chris, very much enjoying this build and having lots of fun adding the extra details

Regards.Andy 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:15 PM, Wackyracer said:

Superb Andy. I keep dribbling over my kit and thoughts of starting it after reading and looking at your build and all the extras your adding. Keep up the great work.

Aaron

Its definitely a fun build Aaron, fit of the base kit is really good so its just a case of plenty of dry fits as you add extra detail so as not to have any unexpected surprises with paint on!

Regards. Andy 

On 1/12/2021 at 10:59 PM, Thunnus said:

Great work Andy!  Question for you!  Your additions are so very clean since you are working on unpainted surfaces.  Do you normally complete your additions prior to painting or do you come to a point where painting becomes necessary as access to the added detail gets more difficult?

Interesting question John and not really given it much thought before and so thinking about it I normally just keep adding the details prior to painting but if there are parts I can add at a later stage after painting then I will do that. With the Lanc fuselage being so big its a lot easier addingots of details and having easy access for painting.

Regards. Andy 

After a bit of dry fitting this evening I realised that if you are using the Airscale instrument panel a little adjustment is needed to the pilots side panel for it to fit which I'm pretty pleased to come across now while everything is unpainted.

20210113-200117.jpg

and after some adjustment to the plastic 

20210113-205119.jpg

One to keep in mind for anyone using the Airscale set for future reference. 

Regards. Andy 

Just caught up with this Andy.  As expected it's a clean, well considered and researched build with the little extras that make all the difference.  The HK kit is now crying out for some quality crew, I sincerely hope Wings Cockpit figures for instance will fill this void.  When they do, I'm in!!  :D

21 hours ago, Uncarina said:

Andy,

Looks great so far. It’ll be great to see your magic with this set. I was lazy and opted for the Eduard set, but the Airscale panel looks amazing even unpainted.

Cheers,  Tom

I really like look of the Eduard set and all of their latest sets of coloured cockpit parts have been really good lately and respond well to a flat coat to bring everything together. In the end I opted for the Airscale set as I was super impressed with the B-24 set I have.

Regards.Andy 

12 hours ago, mozart said:

Just caught up with this Andy.  As expected it's a clean, well considered and researched build with the little extras that make all the difference.  The HK kit is now crying out for some quality crew, I sincerely hope Wings Cockpit figures for instance will fill this void.  When they do, I'm in!!  :D

Thanks for looking in Max and I have to say I am really enjoying this build with no wings and just the foward fuselage. You make a very good point of the lack of bomber crew figures which is such a shame. HK have done a fantastic job with the foward fuselage but plenty you can still add if you want to.

Regards.Andy 

Andy, you are definitely allowing this kit to live up to its potential! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the forward position. I really wish someone made a decal for the forward escape hatch. The “parachute exit” sign is quite prominent.

Cheers,  Tom

On 1/13/2021 at 11:29 PM, monthebiff said:

After a bit of dry fitting this evening I realised that if you are using the Airscale instrument panel a little adjustment is needed to the pilots side panel for it to fit which I'm pretty pleased to come across now while everything is unpainted.

20210113-200117.jpg

and after some adjustment to the plastic 

20210113-205119.jpg

One to keep in mind for anyone using the Airscale set for future reference. 

Regards. Andy 

Hi Andy

Do you think this adjustment is a result of raising the pedestal? On your early post checking fit etc that side panel didn't look to be installed? 

Great work though and thoroughly enjoying your build.

Aaron