By JOVe! Grumman's toothy Mohawk JOV-1A

chukw

On 2/21/2021 at 5:28 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Fantastic work, Chuck! And ironically, I have all those new tools you mention, but have yet to use any of them. I did try the magnifier set, but couldn't get them to work with my glasses. Admittedly, I didn't try the headband option, which I probably should do, but the main issue was that they didn't work with my multi-focals. I ended up shelling out $500 on a new pair of glasses tweaked to suit close-up work, but haven't tried them in combination with the new magnifiers yet. In fact, I've barely tried them at all! I guess I have some work to do...

Kev

Cheers, Kev!  You will love the Davis Union tools- I use them whenever I sit down to model now. As for the magnifers, the model I have needed some sharp edges on the headpiece to use with the headstrap. I've ended up going back to the 'glasses' option and love the ease of use- and the super-bright LEDs. Good luck with yours!

On 2/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Oh my!  I just found this.  Happy guy now.  Thanks for showing us your talents Chuck!  I'm really looking forward to this one and all the previous works or art.  

Troy   

Cheers, Troy!  You can my earlier works at http://chukw.blogspot.com/  So glad I ordered the sander and router sets- they live on my bench at all times now!

Wow, this is a gem, what quality is shown here, great build, i like it very much.

Wished i could have copied your talent when years ago i did a scratchbuild 1/32 Mohawk, had fun building it, but looking at your project and progress makes me feel to have missed something in my build.

Jack

• 1 month later...