1:32 Tallboy Trolley in the works

GrahamF

Curious about the physical characteristics and differences between the tallboy bomb and the grand slam, other than the weight, including explosive power.  I always fancied those Barnes Wallace (if he's the guy  responsible) earthquake bombs and how they were designed to bring structures down...not by direct hit but by shock waves through the earth (at least that's the way I have been lead to believe they worked). 

I'd love to have a 1/32 Lanc with a Tallboy/Grand Slam bomb but I've come to realize that I haven't got the room for such large airplane models.  I can just imagine a display with a flying lanc model with a teeney-weeney Tirpitz below, in the distance (scale perspective you know).

Edited by Juggernut

Can we have a 'standard' bomb trolley to go with it please for the 500 pounders?

While your at it we need some incendiary bomb cannisters for the Lancaster Mk I/III too. 

Just thought I'd mention it again!  :whistle:

Aye thankyou.

41 minutes ago, Royboy said:

Can we have a 'standard' bomb trolley to go with it please for the 500 pounders?

While your at it we need some incendiary bomb cannisters for the Lancaster Mk I/III too. 

Just thought I'd mention it again!  :whistle:

Aye thankyou.

Will gladly if you can spread the word that we exist, I'm still finding after 8 years that nobody has ever heard of us.

Graham 

7 hours ago, GrahamF said:

Will gladly if you can spread the word that we exist, I'm still finding after 8 years that nobody has ever heard of us.

Graham 

I'm guessing if many seem to be unaware, it may be due to a lack of advertising or word of mouth stuff, and I suspect may be a common issue with smaller manufacturers.

49 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm guessing if many seem to be unaware, it may be due to a lack of advertising or word of mouth stuff, and I suspect may be a common issue with smaller manufacturers.

Yes its difficult to know where to go with that, magazine adverts are expensive and I've found in the past totally unproductive. The internet in my opinion also doesn't cut it. 

Graham 

Hi Graham,

Let me ask this...  Have you or have you considered advertising on LSP, at least as a start?  I see a lot of your products are LSP related so to me, this would be a good segment of the market, but not the entire market.  There's also LSM which is UK based I believe although worldwide membership.  You might also pitch your wares (that are exceptionally detailed from what I'm seeing) to retailers?   I'm asking not knowing your situation or what you have or have not done so please excuse my ignorance if I've mentioned something that you've already attempted and/or done.  I know you're in the UK so might Hannants be a possible outlet for your products?  You might also put your website address in your signature line.

1 hour ago, GrahamF said:

Yes its difficult to know where to go with that, magazine adverts are expensive and I've found in the past totally unproductive. The internet in my opinion also doesn't cut it. 

Graham 

We do know that reviews can have the impact of steering customers to a specific manufacturer. How much that genuinely affects sales, I do not know, but is perhaps something to consider?

14 hours ago, GrahamF said:

Thanks Guys, Yes some good ideas there, I'll consider it, maybe try and tie it up with the Tallboy project.

Graham 

Two Words ... You Tube ...

Make your kit alteration ... demo it ... then do a build conversion to demonstrate how easy it all is ... "if you enjoyed todays video, please like and subscribe - and for purchases click on the link to the web store in the comments section below" ... Title of the vid should have all the buzz-words too: "converting the 1/32 HK Lancaster into a 617 XYZ special - with a 10T Tallboy" etc etc ... ... there are a metric crap-ton of modelling videos out there with heaps of subscribers and regular viewers ... if you don't like being on camera - keep the camera focused on the merch and go with descriptive voice over ... demos on motion video that you can rewind and replay are so much easier to follow than stills - especially with the narrative voice over aspect ... theres a few other video platforms coming online too ... 

Rog :)

40 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

Two Words ... You Tube ...

Make your kit alteration ... demo it ... then do a build conversion to demonstrate how easy it all is ... "if you enjoyed todays video, please like and subscribe - and for purchases click on the link to the web store in the comments section below" ... Title of the vid should have all the buzz-words too: "converting the 1/32 HK Lancaster into a 617 XYZ special - with a 10T Tallboy" etc etc ... ... there are a metric crap-ton of modelling videos out there with heaps of subscribers and regular viewers ... if you don't like being on camera - keep the camera focused on the merch and go with descriptive voice over ... demos on motion video that you can rewind and replay are so much easier to follow than stills - especially with the narrative voice over aspect ... theres a few other video platforms coming online too ... before 

Rog :)

Yes that's a great idea I've thought about doing that before a sort of speeded up film of building the kit from box to completed assembly.

I'd have to not speak though I've got the most terrible voice it's a sort of cross between Julian Clary and Boy George.

Graham