Colombia Kfir C10 Revell+Isracast

red Dog

The fuselage has now been closed and the large rear end resin part is attached.

Kfir_36_under.png

I was kinda worried with this step but all in all it wasn't that bad.

The blue plastic is not the easiest to engrave. And I confess engraving is not my strong point. 

A quick spray of Mr Surfacer allows me to make a first check before starting my detailling.

Kfir_37_under.png

Then I use Cyanocrylate to correct wherever necessary and off we go for a new sanding session

Kfir_38_under.png

Followed by a new coat of Mr Surfacer.

Although another round of correction will be needed locally, I can start then adding all the Isracast bits for the Kfir

Kfir_39_under.png

The forward part does not need any further modification.

Kfir_40_under.png

The rear end needs all the whistles and bells for the C10 from the C12 (initially upgraded from the  C7) conversion. Deletion of the rear bombing camera window, extra antennae and bumps for the RWR suite, extra chaff and flares dispensers  (from the F-16 Sufa PE)  

Kfir_41_under.png

Happy with the results, some detailling are needed closer to the wings but this will have to wait until the wings are attached.

Edited by red Dog

hi

very good job , you nailed the main part of this " hard" build , that looks good ... I like all these tiny details you added , which pictures did you refer to ???...

another " thrilling " step now : the wings  .... pay attention to the dihedral .... I know what I mean -_-:doh:

Alain

Merci Alain

I mostly use pictures gathered on the web and the Air Fan #464

Kfir_ref_012.jpg

That's a C12, so it doesn't have the top forward tail and bottom rearward RWR bumps, but we can already plainly see the deletion of the rear camera window and the extra dispensers

Kfir_ref_3057_12.jpg

That's a C10 3057 which is the likely candidate for this model.

and a close up of the C10 tail area where both Elta RWR suite antennas are visible (top tail,  under the exhaust

Kfir_ref_34.png

By the way, I need to scratch the I-Derby ER missiles. I have pictures but I may need rough dimensions. If any one can help I'd be grateful 

Edited by red Dog

26 minutes ago, alain11 said:

nother " thrilling " step now : the wings  .... pay attention to the dihedral .... I know what I mean

Any tips before I do something stupid. I have one wing thinner than the other. the thickers fits perfectly. I need to enlarge the other one with plasticard strips

Dihedral seems hard to get because there's no real strong joints between fuselage and wings. How did you solve yours? 

3 hours ago, red Dog said:

Any tips before I do something stupid. I have one wing thinner than the other. the thickers fits perfectly. I need to enlarge the other one with plasticard strips

Dihedral seems hard to get because there's no real strong joints between fuselage and wings. How did you solve yours? 

hi

I don't really have advises if not : check twice before gluing ... as you know , the dihedral , is slightly negative , so , check again .... but I trust in you , you will nail it ;)

thank you for the pictures , this C10 is very tempting , but I think it would be easier with the Italieri kit ..........happy modeling

Alain

Hi Olivier

17 hours ago, red Dog said:

By the way, I need to scratch the I-Derby ER missiles. I have pictures but I may need rough dimensions. If any one can help I'd be grateful 

The length is 3620 mm with a diameter of 160 mm. The span across  the front fins  is 640mm.

I have built one for my Cheetah C and in 1/32 additional dimensions are as follows: The front fins start 20.3mm from the tip and the radome length is 11.4mm. The length of the front fin is 10.7mm and the width 7,5mm.  The rear fin length is 14mm and the width is 6,6mm. The angled part in the front stops at 5.5mm from the front of the rear fin. Length of the missile is 113.12mm and diam 5,0mm.

BTW the gun bay is completely different compared to the Mirage III . You might have to re scribe it.

Hope this is all you need.

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11

Before attaching the wings, I need to finish the surface work on the top fuselage.

After a first coat of Mr Surfacer, engraving was corrected and an extra coat of Mr Surfacer was resprayed before final corrections.

Kfir_42_fuselage.png

The side fuselage exhausts have been replaced from the round PE part isracast offers with a hollow tube extending out (down and rearward) of the fuselage. 

The dome on the back has been shaped in 1.5mm plasticard? It's still too large and need further work.

The next challenge will be to find the position of the canards. The instructions don't give much clues and these resin parts don't have much of a grip on the fuselage. I can see them snapping off a dozen time till the model is done.

I inserted 2 rods .4 mm into the canards and marked the position of the holes on the fuselage using the polish plans:

Kfir_44_canard.png

Kfir_45_canard.png

Kfir_47_canard.png

And simply inserted them in. no glue required for now, which is perfectly fine for me for now. Once I glue them I will add aluminium strips to mate them better to the intake and fuselage

Kfir_48_fuselage.png

Tail and canards done, this starts to look like a Kfir

Quick dry fit of the resin nose:

Kfir_49_nose.png

Next thing: the dreaded AAR probe :)