Hs. 129 Aftermarket?

Uncarina

I'm not confident on that. All previous ZM literature indicates two boxings, B-2, then B-3. I'd be very surprised to see any kind of third Hs-129 release.

Just like the Toryu, it feels like a two and done release schedule.

I'd be pleasantly happy to be wrong, especially if the kit sells well, which it appears it's going to.

The bombs and racks are included on the T sprue, which is in the kit because the kit uses it for the wing racks and bombs.  The unused parts on the T sprue are for the fuselage rack, and a choice of 4 small bombs or one large bomb.  No instructions are provided, but it seems easy enough to figure out.

The R sprue is the MK101 gun, magazine, and fairing.

The ZM metal barrel set includes a MK103 barrel (in addition to the MK101 barrel) and references a S sprue for the 103, but there is no S sprue in the kit.  Presumably, the not-included S sprue would have the 103 gun, magazine, and fairing.  Not sure why ZM wouldn’t also have included the S sprue, unless they didn’t want to include a second decal option for an aircraft that carried that gun.

Thanks Dave, 

I am curious also.  Not being that familiar with the Hs-129, I always thought the MK103 was the more supplied cannon.  

It seems the first release is more oriented to the African Campaign, where the 101 was in use.  I believe the 75mm and MK103 were more common in Russian combat.  

I wonder if the "B3" version will have the MK103 and 75mm.  The 75mm is a kit in itself.  

Paul C 

Huh yeah its odd that they have a separate sprue for the 103 and didn't include it then especially given the pre-release stuff and the gun barrel set reference it being included. Wonder if there was a last minute change of plans or something. A little frustrating - I was eyeing purchasing the kit but now I think I will hold off till it is clarified what other boxings they release in the future.

ZM sometimes will put out just a upgrade set, like what they did on the Horten 2 seat option.  I wonder if they will just release a MK103 upgrade, i.e. sprue S, or I guess it's possible they just won't release it all, however the brass barrel set including the MK103 makes me think something is coming in 2020. 

It would be nice to know this in advance, but I guess it's like many thinks out there now, why show a future plan which would possibly slow sales of the current kit on the shelves, i.e. folks passing to wait on the MK103 version.  

Paul C 

Yeah why yank the sprue and limit what you can build like that? I know, they want you to buy multiple boxings but I am not gonna by three of them and I cannot imagine very many folks would. Also, given that in some of their kits they put so much extra plastic (unseen internal bits, entire extra clear fuselage sprues in some cases) it seems super petty to do this with the gun option and hold it out like that.

Don't get me wrong - I am very happy to see ZM take on some more unexpected offerings like this aircraft and the Nick, maybe there is more to the story here, again I will wait and hold off to see what they do in the future boxings.

In as far as I understand, there will be a separate boxing with the MK 103 and a separate boxing with the BK 7,5. 

The MK 101 included in the current kit saw a lot of service use and it was also used on the B-1 version. 

The under-fuselage bomb parts were included in this kit because those bombs could be used on all B-1 and B-2 aircraft. All aircraft could carry bombs under the wings, even if they were armed with cannons under the fuselage. 

Hth,

Radu

I think the only reason we got the underfuselage bombs and racks is because they happened to be on the same sprue as the wing bomb racks, which had to be included in this release.   I see three ways they could do the Mk103 option:

1. Stand alone set with just the S sprue and new decals.
  2. New boxing with decals for bomber (Romanian) and Mk103 (German)
  3. Included with B-3 boxing

I’m thinking that #3 is less likely as I suspect the 7.5 BK kit will be a one decal option kit, like the existing one.

Guess #2 would solve the issue of providing parts for the 103 as well as instructions for the underfuselage bomb setup.

As I said, in as far as I understand there will be a separate boxing with the MK 103. The runner with the bombs was included in the current kit because bombs were carried under the wings and it is very likely that it will be included in the future versions of the kit. Having the full runner with the bombs and racks in the kit is just a bonus. 

From the current boxing it is possible to do a B-1 or B-2 with bombs or a B-1 or B-2 armed with MK 101 (all engine cowls come as standard in the kit). 

The boxing with the MK 103 will allow you to do a B-2 with that cannon, but it will not allow you to do a B-1 because the MK 103 was not used on the B-1. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

7 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

According to ZM themselves the initial kit was indeed supposed to come with the 101 and 103 versions:

sws++Hs+129+Zoukei+Mura+%252812%2529.jpg

Not sure why they didnt just include that sprue.

... and yet the box art on the released kit refers to the B-2/RIII (R-3??) only ... I'd suggest with the level of interest garnered by the forward advertising that they've probably changed their release schedule to include the R-8 in a separate boxing?? ... Meanwhile the (Standard??) model has me perplexed - but maybe that's because (according to the convoluted references to hand - and I may be mistaken here) the underwing and centreline bomb racks were only utilised on the B-1 before the 30mm Cannon became the weapon of choice??

Personally it seems it would have made more sense for ZM to release B-1, B-2 and B-3 ... But as it is, I can't work out what they're up to  ... The R-8 isn't optioned ... and the "Standard" version is neither fully supplied, nor fully instructed in the kit??

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

45 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

You seem a bit offended that I expressed my thoughts on upcoming boxings of the kit, enough so that you felt compelled to answer in bold.  I guess we should take your word on it that there will be a separate boxing with the Mk 103 and not discuss it any further......

I am not "offended". Highlighting relevant text in "bold" is not "shouting". Just trying to clarify matters.

I was directly involved in the production of this kit. 

Radu

Edited by Radub