Hasegawa Bf 109F Completed 20/02/20

10 hours ago, mpk said:

Hi,  Very nicely done  Gazzas!   Especially I can see the flare gun in the cockpit which i don't see it very often. 

Is it kit part?    Great job !

Regards, 

Matsu.

bzbNEb.jpg

Edited by Shiba

14 hours ago, Shiba said:

Hi,  Very nicely done  Gazzas!   Especially I can see the flare gun in the cockpit which i don't see it very often. 

Is it kit part?    Great job !

Regards, 

Matsu.

Thank you!  Yessir, the flare gun is a kit part.

On 2/25/2020 at 9:41 AM, mpk said:

I have the Schiffer JG54 book. Your model brings my book to life. 

I was geeking out on it ladt night. :D

21 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Super nice Gary   :goodjob:

Thank you, fellas!

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful. I took notes on how you sequenced the painting. Going to try that on my FW190 to see if i can get a better blend of color and less touch ups myself. How did the streaking come out? I’m interested to know if blending the longer lines together did what you hoped.

13 hours ago, themongoose said:

Beautiful. I took notes on how you sequenced the painting. Going to try that on my FW190 to see if i can get a better blend of color and less touch ups myself. How did the streaking come out? I’m interested to know if blending the longer lines together did what you hoped.

Thank you!

I have to admit that the bottom didn't go quite to plan.  First mistake was making my streaks too parallel.  Further mistakes happened with pigments and oils.  I hate to show a picture, but I will since you asked.

CjDIYB.jpg

The dark gray and black pigments sort of took over instead of allowing me to brush most of it away.  An experiment gone totally wrong.  I really haven't got the touch of making tapering oil marks, yet.  Something I need to learn before I ruin any others.

I hate to show a picture, but I will since you asked.

Hey I’ve been there and know what you mean. I have yet to get one that looked the way i think or hoped it should. No consolation I’m sure though :huh: We do learn something though from all our attempts. Sorry it didn’t go like you hoped. I thought it sounding promising though!