Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000B/C/D & N

Stokey Pete

43 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

Well I’m in no hurry whatsoever for the kits. Always nice when they sail through customs without being noticed. It’s not the tax that bugs me but the £8 ransom levied on the parcel by Royal Mail/Parcelforce for ‘administration’ but that’s a whole other thread that’s been done to death. If they come through free of customs I’ll be glad to add another trader to my list. If not, the prices even with tax and the £8 are still better than the best prices I could find here. 

8 pounds? You are still 'lucky'! Here the amount recently jumped to 22 euros (close to 18 pounds)! 

Useless to say I never purchase anymore a full kit out of the EC unless there is no other choice... ☹️ 

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

Now now. They aren’t all modern and they aren’t all Grey. I have only one Zero remaining. The Hasegawa A6M5c new tool which has been kept to provide a distraction build should I require one at some point in the future. 

Indeed, please excuse my flippantly. As I have a few Me262's, a couple of Ar234's, two Me163's and three He162's, I probably have more jets than you do.

I also have the Hase Zero. With a load of AM. Fine kit.

It used to be yours.

PS - well done on the promotion! I hope you got a new hat or something.

50 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

I received the Mirage 2000C yesterday, bought it from Lucky, both Mirage kits sailed through the sniffers at Heathrow, I think FedEx have their own, much quicker.

I bought the HKM B-17E/F from Lucky, and that got through despite being a huge parcel. 

I got a delivery once from Hobby Link Japan, using Fed Ex. I was pleased when I received the parcel with no VAT demanded first.

However, I was less pleased when I received a letter from Fed Ex about a week later, demanding the 20% VAT, which they pay for on your behalf - speeding up delivery - but then get back from you afterwards.

I've not used Fed Ex since. Hopefully, you'll avoid this nasty little surprise 

1 minute ago, thierry laurent said:

8 pounds? You are still 'lucky'! Here the amount recently jumped to 22 euros (close to 18 pounds)! 

Useless to say I never purchase anymore a full kit out of the EC unless there is no other choice... ☹️ 

Or, order a bunch of kits in one go, spreading the 22 Euros over as many kits as you can.

15 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

However, I was less pleased when I received a letter from Fed Ex about a week later, demanding the 20% VAT, which they pay for on your behalf - speeding up delivery - but then get back from you afterwards.

I've not used Fed Ex since. Hopefully, you'll avoid this nasty little surprise 

That's interesting, good to know, the Mirage had $20 on the customs form, so I doubt I'll get a follow up demand. I'm done buying from overseas for the foreseeable - I have a set of Kormoran's somewhere between Seoul, Paris, and here... :tumble:

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Or, order a bunch of kits in one go, spreading the 22 Euros over as many kits as you can.

Not so simple! If you go over a threshold the amount increases! And I do not even mention the addition of the 21% of VAT. Finally, purchasing full plastic overseas is not really interesting anymore, alas! 

I've just noticed a massive oversight on KH's part. 

They haven't included any of the stores/weapons/pylon decals for the 2000D kit. 

On the -C kit, they all come on Sheet A. Because you get a different Sheet A with the -D, these decals haven't been transferred across, leaving you without the majority of the stencilling and markings you need...

I've emailed Sophia now, I'll let you know if I get a response.

5 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Indeed, please excuse my flippantly. As I have a few Me262's, a couple of Ar234's, two Me163's and three He162's, I probably have more jets than you do.

I also have the Hase Zero. With a load of AM. Fine kit.

It used to be yours.

PS - well done on the promotion! I hope you got a new hat or something.

You might well do. My self imposed stash limit is 15 kits. Why 15? That’s as many as will fit in the side of the wardrobe where the stash now lives. A stack that is roughly about 7 foot ish. After these incoming kits arrive I’m pretty much there. At the limit. 

Yep. A new hat. A shiny White Hard Hat I’ll have you know. I now have the dreaded word manager in my job title. Lower case m I must stress, lest the new responsibility go to my head and I become the new Napoleon. 

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

If I recall it jumps to £13 at some threshold. Not had that one for a while. But did get it several times when I was ordering WNW kits direct from them.

I think FFSMC will produce decal(s) for the two seaters as well as they already have several sheets for the -C/-5.

We can probably count on Berna as well.

Eduard just releases a bunch of PE and masks for the C so the same for the two seaters will follow.

Edited by discus

4 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

You might well do. My self imposed stash limit is 15 kits. Why 15? That’s as many as will fit in the side of the wardrobe where the stash now lives. A stack that is roughly about 7 foot ish. After these incoming kits arrive I’m pretty much there. At the limit. 

Yep. A new hat. A shiny White Hard Hat I’ll have you know. I now have the dreaded word manager in my job title. Lower case m I must stress, lest the new responsibility go to my head and I become the new Napoleon. 

Limits? Limits? We don't need no stinking limits!

6 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

You need one of these, bach:

48081627762_a2fa8a3122_4k.jpg20190506_151817 by dekenba1, on Flickr

Increase your stash capacity 20 fold. At least.

A new white hard hat, you say? Undoubtedly for protection for your nut against the Saes coming in and complaining they can't read the Welsh place names. To really wind 'em up, answer them in Welsh.

Don't forget to take your stun gun with you as well. 

23 hours ago, DeanKB said:

If I want a collection of modern jets, I shall airbrush some house bricks grey & stick various different numbers on 'em.

As opposed to icecream cones and wafers held together with lots of rigging spaghetti ?

I'm still waiting for the 1st April announcement of a 1/32 IM Vulcan, Hustler, Deuce or Six — can't understand anyone who doesn't like delta winged designs.

Tony 

9 hours ago, DeanKB said:

You need one of these, bach:

48081627762_a2fa8a3122_4k.jpg20190506_151817 by dekenba1, on Flickr

Increase your stash capacity 20 fold. At least.

A new white hard hat, you say? Undoubtedly for protection for your nut against the Saes coming in and complaining they can't read the Welsh place names. To really wind 'em up, answer them in Welsh.

Don't forget to take your stun gun with you as well. 

Trust me. If I had space in the garden there would be a full on home office/workshop out the back. As it stands I’m in one of those small teeny tiny shoebox sized starter homes. 
I have to cross the border to get to work on a mostly daily basis. I’ve been amongst the Saes now for many years, one of those evil Foreigners coming to steal good English jobs. My way of getting back at them for 800 years of oppression ;).

New job is based right at the top of the Wirral in Birkenhead. 2 miles further each way in to enemy territory than I currently travel each day. I’m not aware of anywhere where I can be shot with a crossbow (or is it a Longbow) legally if I’m found within the city walls after dark unlike Chester where I currently am (every night shift being a flirt with an arrow in the back).